The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by conorellis42
exactly

I’m telling him everything!
Original post by Jill Mead18
Ok, a friend told me about a couple sites where I could get insight on what to do and how to go about it. When a couple of people told me to tell him, I agreed! Now I’m figuring out the best way. I don’t need to be attacked for trying to figure out the best path, do I?

You should have told him without the need for external validation. Its a basic obligation
Reply 82
The guy will prob lose trust with girls after this. It’s a shame.
Original post by Angel4life
um can you please just tell him I'm sorry but you just saying '' I'm gonna be a better gf'' '' I don't wanna lose him over something meaningless'' '' I can't eat or sleep'' cool you know you screwed up just tell him please if he did the same to you I'm pretty sure you wanna marry him starting the relationship on truth rather than secrets

alright wait you have misunderstood what I wrote the phrases in quotation marks are what YOU SHOULD NOT SAY its what you continuously kept on repeating whilst I read the forum which just excuses lady, you saying I can't sleep or eat isn't saying how sorry you are it's just you trying to make him stay so you can live out the married fantasy you have in your head
exactly

You should have told him without the need for external validation. Its a basic obligation

Ok, you’re trying not to understand me because you think what I did was so bad it can’t be forgiven.
Original post by 999tigger
So I worked this out, but youver had loads of answers anyway, so defer to them.
The answer is a pros and cons to understand the difference of both options and then with a bit more thought deciding which outcome you can deal with.
The alcohol isnt really a defence.

It would be easy to forget about it if I didn’t love him so much. I’m doing the harder thing and I’m telling him when I go back this week.
exactly

How do you know I’m American?
It would be easy to forget about it if I didn’t love him so much. I’m doing the harder thing and I’m telling him when I go back this week.

Then you have to work out a plan and narrative.
It depends on him and his personality.
Your transgression isnt a big one, but probably annoying and a bit alarming.
From your version nothing happened other than a few snogs, but you exercised poor judgment more than once.
"I had too many beers" 🤦🏽*♂️ no. You cheated. Own up and let him decide if to forgive you or not.
Original post by Angel4life
alright wait you have misunderstood what I wrote the phrases in quotation marks are what YOU SHOULD NOT SAY its what you continuously kept on repeating whilst I read the forum which just excuses lady, you saying I can't sleep or eat isn't saying how sorry you are it's just you trying to make him stay so you can live out the married fantasy you have in your head

Those are my genuine feelings because I love him and feel awful about what I did. I could just drop it like my friends tell me too, but I want to do the right thing! I won’t bring up how I feel because it’s about him! Please give me credit for trying to do the right thing!
Original post by 999tigger
Then you have to work out a plan and narrative.
It depends on him and his personality.
Your transgression isnt a big one, but probably annoying and a bit alarming.
From your version nothing happened other than a few snogs, but you exercised poor judgment more than once.

Thanks for not being mean!
I’ve been told to not say anything by my friends! People here are telling me to tell him everything without telling him how bad I feel. I want him to know I’m telling him because I love him! I want an honest relationship as we go forward!
Thanks for not being mean!
I’ve been told to not say anything by my friends! People here are telling me to tell him everything without telling him how bad I feel. I want him to know I’m telling him because I love him! I want an honest relationship as we go forward!

thats wishful thinking at best. i think you will end up disappointed
You’re just being mean! You don’t know anything about us!
thats wishful thinking at best. i think you will end up disappointed

Your just being mean!
I’m 19 and about to head back to school for my sophomore year. I want to know if I should tell my boyfriend that I went out with an old high school friend.

I’m going to be a sophomore in college. I’m leaving to go back 800 miles next week. I met my boyfriend last fall and we fell in love pretty quickly. I lived with him a bit during the spring semester till we had to went home in March. We have talked with each other everyday and I’m sooo excited to see him!!!

My problem is that about 3 weeks ago, I went to a pool party with old high school friends and a guy I used to crush on my senior year was there. He could be a model and was prom king. He’s also a smooth operator and took a lot of interest in me. I blew him off and told him a had a boyfriend so...too bad for you! Well, he backed off and everyone was having a good time.

After a few beers, it became chicken fight time and he picked me to get on his shoulders. That was a lot of fun, but when we were through, he got me in a quiet corner and started to kiss me. We had a few beers by then and I let him for a bit.

After a minute I got my towel and got changed. He changed too and was waiting for me when I came out. We chatted for a minute and he asked if I wanted him to drive me back to my brothers apartment where I was living for the summer. I told my other friends and I left with him. We parked outside the apartment building and we chatted until he made another move. I had too many beers and I kissed him back. I stopped after a few minutes and pulled away telling him that that was too far and I needed to go in. He was good with that and walked me to the door. He tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him and reminded him i had a boyfriend.

So that’s it! I feel so awful! I wish I hadn’t done that to my boyfriend!! I love him so much!!!
My friends tell me to drop it and move on! He will never know. That sounds easy, but I can’t sleep or eat the last couple of days. When he calls, I feel like crying!! I want to just forget like my friends say, but I can’t!!
What should I do?

you didnt consent to it and were drunk. later you said no, youre not a bad person. a lot of people on here think in black and white
Original post by bee5069
you didnt consent to it and were drunk. later you said no, youre not a bad person. a lot of people on here think in black and white

Thank you so much!!!
Moderation note: thread closed for now due to off topic and insulting posts.

Latest

Trending

Trending