The Student Room Group

Should I wait and distance week before seeing my girlfriend again?

My girlfriend and I are each others support bubbles during the covid issue, so we have been able to properly see each other over the past few weeks. However she recently went to Corfu on holiday for a week and is coming back today. She's not able to get an instant test because they are currently busy and she's been told to wait until the queue dies down or she has symptoms. So we used to be in a bubble together but I don't know if her going on holiday changes that?

I should also note that my dad is very vulnerable to Covid, has had multiple Lung Embolisms, an asthmatic and is currently on a immune-suppressing drug to thin his blood flow. This makes the decision all the more important for so as I don't want to risk my dads life at all, but I also want my girlfriend to be happy and she'll be upset if i potentially say we have to distance unless its necessary, considering I've had to do it before.
Yes she should self- isolate just incase when travelling, so u shouldn’t see her for at least two weeks because that’s the quarantine for people away right ?? So u guys live together than I guess that’s okay but u will have to isolate with her I think. U can always FaceTime and message each other if u can’t see each other but u have to think of your safety, your father’s safety and everyone else.
Original post by remyllj
My girlfriend and I are each others support bubbles during the covid issue, so we have been able to properly see each other over the past few weeks. However she recently went to Corfu on holiday for a week and is coming back today. She's not able to get an instant test because they are currently busy and she's been told to wait until the queue dies down or she has symptoms. So we used to be in a bubble together but I don't know if her going on holiday changes that?

I should also note that my dad is very vulnerable to Covid, has had multiple Lung Embolisms, an asthmatic and is currently on a immune-suppressing drug to thin his blood flow. This makes the decision all the more important for so as I don't want to risk my dads life at all, but I also want my girlfriend to be happy and she'll be upset if i potentially say we have to distance unless its necessary, considering I've had to do it before.

The best thing to is distance for how long you need to and then meet up. You have to think of it this way, your dad's life will be on the line and everyone else's life too if you meet up!

I get you want to meet and stuff but health and safety comes first. You can call, text and Facetime so it's not like you can't talk to her within the quarantine period, I know it won't be the same but you gotta think about your family especially your dad who is vulnerable to Covid.

Hope this helps and that you two meet up soon :biggrin:
Original post by remyllj

I can relate bc my dad is also vulnerable and I've been in similar situations with my friends. Honestly, I wouldn't risk it if I were you. If your gf cares about you, she'll understand why your dad's health is your main priority. I'm sure it won't be long until she's tested, maybe a few weeks to a month. It's better to be safe than sorry. I do understand how you feel, so you aren't alone, but you really should put your dad first :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest