The Student Room Group

Childcare grant - leaving work and dependants

Hi,
Im currently worried sick as when looking to apply for my sons childcare grant ive seen there is a threshold income of 18,000.
Im leaving my job where i earn 10k a year to study nursing, i live with my partner who is on £19,200 and my two children. Ive seen for two children the threshold is 26k, does this mean both children will have to needing childcare or just that you must have two children when meeting that higher threshold.
Please help, any advice is highly needed as im worried i will have to give up my dream of nursing.
Original post by Joelspoels
Hi,
Im currently worried sick as when looking to apply for my sons childcare grant ive seen there is a threshold income of 18,000.
Im leaving my job where i earn 10k a year to study nursing, i live with my partner who is on £19,200 and my two children. Ive seen for two children the threshold is 26k, does this mean both children will have to needing childcare or just that you must have two children when meeting that higher threshold.
Please help, any advice is highly needed as im worried i will have to give up my dream of nursing.

Hi, will you be requiring childcare for one child or both? Are both children dependent on you?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, will you be requiring childcare for one child or both? Are both children dependent on you?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, both children are dependent on me and it will be just one who needs full time nursery. Thankyou
Original post by Joelspoels
Hi, both children are dependent on me and it will be just one who needs full time nursery. Thankyou

If you are only applying for childcare for the one child then the threshold is £18,531.12 so if your household income is 19k - you will be ineligible.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending