The Student Room Group

Crush on older women

I just have a crush on a older woman shes in her late 30s maybe even early and im 19. She lives on my road I dont know her I just think she is good looking, my parents know her. She came in our house for a tour then they came in my room and I was carrying on what I was doing and she just said "you alright" but I didnt want her to judge my voice or anything. Shes got babies and a partner but because my parents know her I have found out from them that she's split up with him. I just dont know what what to do about it because doing nothing about is just getting on my mind, i keep thinking about her and it gettng awkward when im out on the drive when she is but i dont have the confidence to say hi.
Original post by Anonymous
I just have a crush on a older woman shes in her late 30s maybe even early and im 19. She lives on my road I dont know her I just think she is good looking, my parents know her. She came in our house for a tour then they came in my room and I was carrying on what I was doing and she just said "you alright" but I didnt want her to judge my voice or anything. Shes got babies and a partner but because my parents know her I have found out from them that she's split up with him. I just dont know what what to do about it because doing nothing about is just getting on my mind, i keep thinking about her and it gettng awkward when im out on the drive when she is but i dont have the confidence to say hi.

I personally think you should get over this woman because you're just gonna get yourself hurt. Are you a girl or a guy?

It's your decision because there's an odd chance something might work but you're 19, you're probably classed as a baby from her point of view when thinking about dating . She's got kids as you say and I'm sure she doesn't need a teenager to be her partner - I feel so bad saying this but if you keep carrying on, you'll get hurt. You'll find someone around your own age but who knows you might work out! But it's your choice for the risk of getting really hurt.

Good luck :smile:
It might be REALLY embarrassing but talk to your parents about it or siblings as they might help you get over her and make sure you entertain yourself . Facetime/call friends , meet some (sticking with the covid rules of course and stay two metres apart ) , decorate the tree if you haven't already. Get yourself busy so you won't need to think about her .
Reply 3
Original post by gracieee16
I personally think you should get over this woman because you're just gonna get yourself hurt. Are you a girl or a guy?

It's your decision because there's an odd chance something might work but you're 19, you're probably classed as a baby from her point of view when thinking about dating . She's got kids as you say and I'm sure she doesn't need a teenager to be her partner - I feel so bad saying this but if you keep carrying on, you'll get hurt. You'll find someone around your own age but who knows you might work out! But it's your choice for the risk of getting really hurt.

Good luck :smile:

What about when im 20
Reply 4
It might be REALLY embarrassing but talk to your parents about it or siblings as they might help you get over her and make sure you entertain yourself . Facetime/call friends , meet some (sticking with the covid rules of course and stay two metres apart ) , decorate the tree if you haven't already. Get yourself busy so you won't need to think about her .

No
What about when im 20

PM me , I will discuss it on there if you prefer.

I really don't know mate. If you're mature enough then possibly but I would say you've got a small chance . The woman is probably upset from her break up and she has babies.
What about when im 20

If you don't ask her out on a dinner, you'll never know. You're an adult so there's nothing wrong with it. If you do start seeing her, just make sure you both are clear from the start whether it's just casual or looking for something longer term.
No

What do you mean 'no'
It's some advice. It took me a while to write it and all you do is say bloody 'no'

I'm only trying to help
If you don't ask her out on a dinner, you'll never know. You're an adult so there's nothing wrong with it. If you do start seeing her, just make sure you both are clear from the start whether it's just casual or looking for something longer term.

Yes you're right but at the moment he's 19 and would a woman in her mid 30s with just having a break up with also babies be interested ? I'm not trying to be mean I'm just looking at reality. But it could work but don't get your hopes up.

I might be wrong , you might finally be together , either talk to her or don't .
If you want to say 'hi' then don't feel anxious , this could work. You need to give it your best shot before you regret not doing it. Speak to her!

Mate, I am a 29 year old guy and I like a 45 year old lady. I asked her out on a date, she laughed it off. As people get older, a large age gap becomes less significant. Me and my crush are both mature, however, she is still older than me.

In most cases women prefer to be with older guys or guys within their age group. Unless your crush is attracted to teenagers, I don't see why she would consider dating a guy who is young enough to be in uni, when she is at a stage in life of marriage, kids and work.
Original post by DS91
Mate, I am a 29 year old guy and I like a 45 year old lady. I asked her out on a date, she laughed it off. As people get older, a large age gap becomes less significant. Me and my crush are both mature, however, she is still older than me.

In most cases women prefer to be with older guys or guys within their age group. Unless your crush is attracted to teenagers, I don't see why she would consider dating a guy who is young enough to be in uni, when she is at a stage in life of marriage, kids and work.

Agreed. She has babies fgs
Far too many posters on here are generalising what this woman (of a certain age) wants and does not want. Just ask the lady out.
Agreed. She has babies fgs

I am with an older man who is divorced with two kids from two different women. We live together and are happy. I get on very well with both kids who are young and they both love me as I do them. It doesn't matter if the woman has babies. Does not mean she cannot enjoy the company or even love a younger man.
I am with an older man who is divorced with two kids from two different women. We live together and are happy. I get on very well with both kids who are young and they both love me as I do them. It doesn't matter if the woman has babies. Does not mean she cannot enjoy the company or even love a younger man.

I know but do you think liking a teenager is a bit odd? Yeah he might be an adult but he's still really young. I don't see a problem if she has kids, my mum had two kids and two others with another man and she's now married to him so of course I don't think that's the issue it's the fact that she's got babies and think about it, do you think a lady in her 30s would date a teenager? He's young enough to be her own son.

No matter what you wanna do you should at least try and be friendly. I know it must be really hard for you but next time you see force yourself to say “hiya” then next time maybe “hiya, you alright” and it’s small steps like this that build into a conversation. Then you can get to know her a bit and see what you’re feeling then. Honestly your 19 so don’t let it determine your whole life or anything. I mean try distracting yourself (which I know is easier said than done) Anyways gd luck w/everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending