The Student Room Group

Should I go for it?

We’re both 18, I’m male, she’s female, we were together for 3 months and we broke up 3 months ago.

We broke up 3 months ago, the main reason for the breakup was that we stopped communicating as often, emotional attraction has descended. She stopped giving me attention at the end of the relationship, I tried to make things right with her but she insisted that she doesn’t see it working anymore. She insisted to stay close friends with me, I agreed because I don’t want to lose her completely as a person :wink:
We started talking again a month ago. We talked quite a bit this month and it’s from both sides communicating. Us talking brought back some of the memories from when we were together. I miss her so much, I haven’t moved on completely from the breakup and I don’t think I can because I don’t believe that it should end this way. I believe there’s more to it, we both know that deep inside.

So I have been thinking. I feel crazy about this person and I’ve tried to improve myself since the breakup. I’ve talked with different people and I can tell you with all honesty that I’m much more understanding and better as a person now. Back in the relationship I would act insecure at times because I was so afraid of losing her. This insecurity was the main reason for me losing her… Just if I had known to enjoy the ride while it lasts, I wouldn’t have acted that way, but no more of that now.

I’m thinking of confessing my feelings for her. I plan to say something like this (in-person):
“When we started talking again this month, everything that was between us started coming back to me. I realized I still have feelings for you and I miss us. I miss our late night conversations until 2-3AM, I miss when we would fight about who wants to say good night first (Insert cringe emoji), and most important of all I miss you… The 3 months we were together were literally the best 3 months of my life and I’d do anything to live that again with you!! I feel crazy about you and I’m pretty sure it will be different this time. Would you go on a first date again with me to see if this would work?”

Should I go for it? Give me your thoughts on this. I’m really desperate right now and I need your help.
Ew that's cringy espcially the "The 3 months we were together were literally the best 3 months of my life" you're just being over the top like you need to chill a bit you ain't proposing to marry her lol
maybe just move on and forget it
distract yourself with things like hobbies to take your mind of her
(edited 3 years ago)
When a girl makes the break, she is done. U will not restore or otherwise "return" to the golden age as u see it. I am not saying u cannot have a rel with her but it is not likely at all to be the one u want it to be and it will cause u more torment. U need to move on with life.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Ew that's cringy espcially the "The 3 months we were together were literally the best 3 months of my life" you're just being over the top like you need to chill a bit you ain't proposing to marry her lol

Noted, will not say that
What ya think though?
Reply 5
Original post by KAy1a.2021
maybe just move on and forget it
distract yourself with things like hobbies to take your mind of her

I tried. I just don't believe things are supposed to end this way
I tried. I just don't believe things are supposed to end this way

have you tired to talking to people like friends on social media something like that?
Trust your gut instinct! :smile:
But don't allow wishful thinking or dreams of reliving the past to ruin the friendship that you now have with your ex gf.
At the end of the day, she dumped you because she lost interest in dating you and wanted to move on with her life, while staying in touch as friends.

Probably best for you to move on.
I doubt that much has changed from your ex's point of view.
If she was interested in getting back together or a fwb arrangement, she knows how to get in touch with you.
Reply 8
Original post by KAy1a.2021
have you tired to talking to people like friends on social media something like that?

Yes. We are in the same friends group. Most of my male friends believe that she took her decision without thinking it properly
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
Trust your gut instinct! :smile:
But don't allow wishful thinking or dreams of reliving the past to ruin the friendship that you now have with your ex gf.
At the end of the day, she dumped you because she lost interest in dating you and wanted to move on with her life, while staying in touch as friends.

Probably best for you to move on.
I doubt that much has changed from your ex's point of view.
If she was interested in getting back together or a fwb arrangement, she knows how to get in touch with you.

I just can't get her off my mind... If there's one in a 100 percent chance she'll say yes, I'm ready to take it
I just can't get her off my mind... If there's one in a 100 percent chance she'll say yes, I'm ready to take it

If you are ready to take it then do so with the knowledge that it can go either way.
If it doesn't work out, don't be too disappointed, you tried.
Original post by saji13
If you are ready to take it then do so with the knowledge that it can go either way.
If it doesn't work out, don't be too disappointed, you tried.

Yes, true.

Any tips to building a strong connection/ having a romantic connection with her again?
Yes, true.

Any tips to building a strong connection/ having a romantic connection with her again?

Don't be overbearing, give her space, she doesn't want you to come onto her esp if things already went cold between you.
Just be normal, and accept her decision if she declines a romantic connection again.
Good luck.
Yes. We are in the same friends group. Most of my male friends believe that she took her decision without thinking it properly

i personally think maybe she did make that choice without thinking but i would recommend to get over this because it could hurt you in the long term if you kept holding on to her
I disagree she made this choice "without thinking" maybe she didn't think in the way u do but girls do think about their rels a lot and if she's done with u it's coz she has decided to be done with u.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending