josie108
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello,
I completed my foundation year in 2020 and progressed onto a first year of a different degree in 2020 September. I left in December as I was too ill to carry on and was given as ABS on health reasons by my university. I am now hopefully starting to get back to better health and would like to start the course that I did my foundation year in (LLB Law) in September but I have been told by SFE that I will only get two years of finance. I wouldn't be able to go to university again if this is the case as I don't own or earn that much money and wouldn't be able to pay it. I have been told I could try and reclaim this year but im unsure if I will be able to at all, even though I suspended due to health studies.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by josie108)
hello,
I completed my foundation year in 2020 and progressed onto a first year of a different degree in 2020 September. I left in December as I was too ill to carry on and was given as ABS on health reasons by my university. I am now hopefully starting to get back to better health and would like to start the course that I did my foundation year in (LLB Law) in September but I have been told by SFE that I will only get two years of finance. I wouldn't be able to go to university again if this is the case as I don't own or earn that much money and wouldn't be able to pay it. I have been told I could try and reclaim this year but im unsure if I will be able to at all, even though I suspended due to health studies.
Hi Josie, students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If you have 2 years of previous study, you will need to self fund the first year of your new course, unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed