The Student Room Group

cannot afford university without a loan

hello,
I completed my foundation year in 2020 and progressed onto a first year of a different degree in 2020 September. I left in December as I was too ill to carry on and was given as ABS on health reasons by my university. I am now hopefully starting to get back to better health and would like to start the course that I did my foundation year in (LLB Law) in September but I have been told by SFE that I will only get two years of finance. I wouldn't be able to go to university again if this is the case as I don't own or earn that much money and wouldn't be able to pay it. I have been told I could try and reclaim this year but im unsure if I will be able to at all, even though I suspended due to health studies.
Original post by josie108
hello,
I completed my foundation year in 2020 and progressed onto a first year of a different degree in 2020 September. I left in December as I was too ill to carry on and was given as ABS on health reasons by my university. I am now hopefully starting to get back to better health and would like to start the course that I did my foundation year in (LLB Law) in September but I have been told by SFE that I will only get two years of finance. I wouldn't be able to go to university again if this is the case as I don't own or earn that much money and wouldn't be able to pay it. I have been told I could try and reclaim this year but im unsure if I will be able to at all, even though I suspended due to health studies.

Hi Josie, students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If you have 2 years of previous study, you will need to self fund the first year of your new course, unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending