The Student Room Group

do any girls really think looks aren't important?

Scroll to see replies

Of course looks are important but being good looking will not make up for a dull personality simply because they are plenty of good looking men with great personalities.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
would you date an ugly boy if you thought he had a great personality? truthfully

Im not attracted to men, but yeah, if I got along with the girl well and their personality made up for it.
Looks aren’t important to me but it is a bit of a bonus if the guy or girl I wake up with has a nice face
Original post by the_pharaoh
Every single guy/girl find looks important obv like no one wants to date someone who isn't attractive and if u think about it u don't approach someone cuz of their personality cuz u can't know that since u haven't talked to them u approach ppl based on looks and from there u get to find out about their personality

Not really though... I usually date friends or friends of friends, people I already know in other words. It's not worth dating someone who you don't know at all imo, too time consuming and risky. I'm interested in someone after I get to know them, not before. I appreciate beauty ofc but I am not gonna ask someone out just because I like their looks. I am talking about relationships now. Sex, sure, personality's irrelevant.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Im not attracted to men, but yeah, if I got along with the girl well and their personality made up for it.

Sy about that I assume you did because I talked about men in my op.
Not really though... I usually date friends or friends of friends, people I already know in other words. It's not worth dating someone who you don't know at all imo, too time consuming and risky. I'm interested in someone after I get to know them, not before. I appreciate beauty ofc but I am not gonna ask someone out just because I like their looks. I am talking about relationships now. Sex, sure, personality's irrelevant.

Ok but most ppl day random ppl plus it's not like you'll date them straight away you'll think they are good looking approach them and then proceed to get to know them then potentially date

Also dating friends is a bad idea cuz if it goes bad 😬
Original post by Moonlight rain
Looks aren’t important to me but it is a bit of a bonus if the guy or girl I wake up with has a nice face

just a nice face? you don't care about their body?
just a nice face? you don't care about their body?

Nah. I’ve never been attracted to bodies.
Looks are important, how else am i supposed to be drawn towards getting to know their personality.
Its like reading the blurb on a book, from that it will determine whether you read it or not.
Reply 29
it might be the case where objectively good-looking blokes have better luck because they are more confident and are more successful in their careers - therefore their personalities are attractive to the opposite sex. it doesn't mean tho that women chose them for 'their looks' per se.
Original post by the_pharaoh
Ok but most ppl day random ppl plus it's not like you'll date them straight away you'll think they are good looking approach them and then proceed to get to know them then potentially date

Also dating friends is a bad idea cuz if it goes bad 😬

Friends may not be the right word, not like best or close friends, just people I already know. It's far riskier to go for someone you don't know at all. For some people, it takes time to warm up to a person anyway.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Looks are important, how else am i supposed to be drawn towards getting to know their personality.
Its like reading the blurb on a book, from that it will determine whether you read it or not.

Ok.. I guess nobody dates people they know already. I am not sure why I thought that was common...
Original post by Joleee
it might be the case where objectively good-looking blokes have better luck because they are more confident and are more successful in their careers - therefore their personalities are attractive to the opposite sex. it doesn't mean tho that women chose them for 'their looks' per se.

Haven't really noticed this tbh, lots of nerdy guys at school and at uni did well but never had any success with girls.

For some reason, it's also true lots of good looking guys are also wealthy even if not professionally successful (inheritance).
Nope not important to me (personal looks) but if we're talking about boy looks then yeah maybe.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Imane888
Nope not important to me (personal looks) but if we're talking about boy looks then yeah maybe.

I don't think I understand what you mean
Looks are all that matters, personality is a scam.
I don't think I understand what you mean

As in I don't care about the way I look but somewhat care about the way my partner looks if I were to have one.
Looks are all that matters, personality is a scam.

I think this thread has been good so far in that only a few users said looks aren't important, most agreed that they're pretty important.

It kinda puts people at ease like you don't have to have an existential crisis if you struggle to meet someone. Being unattractive is enough, don't question your entire personality...
I always believe girls who don't spend times on looks are pretty.
Reply 39
Imho at a young age it's a mix of ok enough looks and being socially popular. At school/uni I found this was the overriding consensus.

I know average looking or geeky guys who are in relationships with similar types of girls so personality definitely counts, but as a guy if you have little to no life (either out of choice or not) then it's gonna count against you massively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending