I’m jealous of my friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She has a bf and I use to have this amazing guy but now I don’t. I feel bad for being jealous
lynn__x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She has a bf and I use to have this amazing guy but now I don’t. I feel bad for being jealous
That's a completely normal feeling, sometimes when seeing your friends happy when you're not it's upsetting. Don't worry about it too much however when you feel like you're feeling more jealous rather than happy for her, take your time and space to get back into the right mind space.
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be happy for your friend. Jealousy doesn’t get you anywhere.

Do something that’ll benefit you and most importantly something you enjoy doing, you’ll soon see that you’re not jealous anymore.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lynn__x)
That's a completely normal feeling, sometimes when seeing your friends happy when you're not it's upsetting. Don't worry about it too much however when you feel like you're feeling more jealous rather than happy for her, take your time and space to get back into the right mind space.
I know but like she barley talks to me anymore
lynn__x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know but like she barley talks to me anymore
how come? what happened between the two of you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If we're all being honest, no one can deny a feeling of jealousy to someone close to you. You just experienced a loss, so it's not surprising that you feel a little upset and jealous - I'm not saying it's good, only that it's normal to be feeling those things. Maybe you should talk to your friend about it - say your a bit lonely?
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I get what you mean. When I see friends getting married and having kids and Im still single I feel like Im falling behind in life and feel bad.I am happy for my friends when I see it but sad also - because I want what they have too.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jack22031994)
I get what you mean. When I see friends getting married and having kids and Im still single I feel like Im falling behind in life and feel bad.I am happy for my friends when I see it but sad also - because I want what they have too.
Marriage is overrated...I don't how old you are, but you are doing great in life bud

Keep going on and you'll go far. I'm proud of you
Anonymous #1
If we're all being honest, no one can deny a feeling of jealousy to someone close to you. You just experienced a loss, so it's not surprising that you feel a little upset and jealous - I'm not saying it's good, only that it's normal to be feeling those things. Maybe you should talk to your friend about it - say your a bit lonely?
I have but it takes her hours to reply
the_pharaoh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have but it takes her hours to reply
that doesnt have to be neccassarily cuz of her bf if i got a gf the boys wpuld still be a or the priority
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
that doesnt have to be neccassarily cuz of her bf if i got a gf the boys wpuld still be a or the priority
No she’s always talking to him
the_pharaoh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No she’s always talking to him
well idk what to tell u u can either talk to her and tell her the problem ur facing ot replace her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed