The Student Room Group

other people say I love myself too much

but I actually hate myself so much and always have. I punish myself by restricting food intake and other ways. People have said others are going through stuff as well which is invalidating my feelings so I harm myself. Anyone else like this?
Why do they say “you love yourself too much” can I get some context behind that? And I’m so sorry to hear that, no one deserves to be invalidated at all, you matter and what you’re going through matters too. If you ever need to talk, you can PM me <3
Reply 2
Original post by DiamondDia
Why do they say “you love yourself too much” can I get some context behind that? And I’m so sorry to hear that, no one deserves to be invalidated at all, you matter and what you’re going through matters too. If you ever need to talk, you can PM me <3

if you talk about yourself most of the time thats what they say
That’s horrible of them. I know how it feels. When I was in secondary school, I had a lot of mental issues going on and would try to talk to my friends about it but they always dismissed and would talk over me by telling them their issues instead. After then, I just stopped telling people how I feel and kept it to myself. Just now I am starting to open up, it’s been an insecurity of mine and I haven’t even been able to tell my mum about. But I promise you, when you find and talk to people who actually care and acknowledge you, it gets better. I realised that the friends I had were fake and toxic, so I moved schools, cut them off and started a new life and made better friends. It seems as if they’re gaslighting you and that is not okay, I know how you must feel. Just know you’re never alone. Talking about yourself does not mean you love yourself “too much”. Loving yourself is good, as long as you’re not narcissistic, and I highly doubt you are. Once again, you can PM me if you want, even if you just want to rant and get everything off you chest I’ll be there <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending