The Student Room Group

Second degree loans and parent learning allowance

I am looking at doing a second degree in an Allied Healthcare professional which I understand means I would be eligable for funding.
The degree I currently hold is Plan 1.
In terms of paying back, do I calculate Plan 1 Plan 2 rates on top of each other, or would I just pay at Plan 1 rate that will end up paying back both loans once I reach the earning threshold? (To clarify, are the two percentages added together or it is just Plan 1?)

Also, as a parent to a young child, am I eligable for the Parent's Learning allowance if I already have a degree?

Thank you
Original post by Mandy R
I am looking at doing a second degree in an Allied Healthcare professional which I understand means I would be eligable for funding.
The degree I currently hold is Plan 1.
In terms of paying back, do I calculate Plan 1 Plan 2 rates on top of each other, or would I just pay at Plan 1 rate that will end up paying back both loans once I reach the earning threshold? (To clarify, are the two percentages added together or it is just Plan 1?)

Also, as a parent to a young child, am I eligable for the Parent's Learning allowance if I already have a degree?

Thank you

Hi Mandy, apologies for the delay in responding.

You will be eligible to apply for the PLA again depending on your household income.

Regarding your repayments query about plan 1/2 we advise you to query this with our repayments team by calling 0300 100 0611 or messaging them on Twitter/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SLCRepayment/
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending