The Student Room Group

how do i reassure my girlfriend i wont break up with her

My friend set me up with my girlfriend and im very much in love with her but recently they have been getting into fights and she thinks ill break up with her how do i reassure her i wont break up with her?
By telling her that you won’t, how else?
Looool I see what you did here, naughty naught tut tut
Get her to break up with you instead. Then you can tell her it wasn't you who broke up with her.
Reply 4
I think just saying that you won’t is lovely enough, but if she seems unsure still ask her why she thinks you would, like specifically why. At the end of the day she needs to see that there is no reason that you should and that will only come from her having to reflect on the situation and realise herself. Hope this helps and sorry it’s a little long! X
Original post by Anonymous
My friend set me up with my girlfriend and im very much in love with her but recently they have been getting into fights and she thinks ill break up with her how do i reassure her i wont break up with her?

Best course of action is that you don't go out of your way to reassure her.

It's better to leave her in uncertainty.

You should focus on her having a wonderful time when the 2 of you are together.
And you stay together for as long as it's a win win for both of you.

Reassurance in this context doesn't work in the way that you think it will.
If she starts thinking that she has you, no matter what, her interest / attraction / respect for you will go down.
If she thinks that she has to be on good behaviour to keep you, then her interest / attraction / respect for you will be more likely to carry on.

And vice versa. You are more likely to be on good behaviour if you think there's a chance you could lose her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending