The Student Room Group

Argument with mum

It was just about what I am doing in September and she wants me to go university. I'm done with her trying to make me go university because I have told her literally atleast 100 times constantly that I'm not going to going because I don't want and she keeps saying it.

I have mentioned apprenticeship which might be hard to get on but I'd rather be aiming towards one than going university ruining my finances. I did consider it but I don't like the whole idea, she wants me to go in accommodation and won't let me compromise that I stay at home I don't want to go university in the first place and I even more don't want to go accommodation. I don't want to go, I don't know what she doesn't get, I've said countless times being polite but she just brings me information on university, at this point I think she might have issues like understanding difficulties or something because I have told her 100 on times at least no and she turns around with uni uni uni. I don't want to go its not hard to understand. I'd rather wait a bit longer for something I want than get something straight in September. I don't how to stop her going on about stupid university. It's really frustrating me now
I'm sorry to hear this! Not everyone wants to go to university and I'm glad you know that you don't.

Did you even apply to university?

Why haven't you applied to apprenticeships yet, if that's what you want to do? (That's what your post insinuated) If you can't get on one, what's your alternative plan?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry to hear this! Not everyone wants to go to university and I'm glad you know that you don't.

Did you even apply to university?

Why haven't you applied to apprenticeships yet, if that's what you want to do? (That's what your post insinuated) If you can't get on one, what's your alternative plan?

Not yet not sure if it's too late

I want to wait until September, I work atm just delivering takeaways so I'm getting income still
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Not yet not sure if it's too late

I want to wait until September, I work atm just delivering takeaways so I'm getting income still

Which part of you mean by "too late"? For university, the places at good universities are pretty much all taken by now and only clearing (leftover places if you like) or late application (spare placed again) would really be an option at this moment (your mother doesn't need to know this). How does your mother think you're able to start university this summer if the application deadline was in January? Could you perhaps point out to her that it's *too late* to apply to university as the deadline was in January, just like every other year? I mean, you can't possibly go to university of you have no space :closedeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending