The Student Room Group

Why is he treating me like this?

So I met this sales guy at the shop I go to. I noticed him staring a lot at me and gradually he began talking to me. He was very nice to me , giving me free stuff too so I wrote to him via a postcard thanking him , inviting him to hang out if he's free. Did not give the number initially.
He asked me to give my number and a few days later, I gave it to him.

It took him a week to message me and he asked for my Instagram handle. I told him and he followed me there. So far so good.
But he doesn't message me on his own. So I thought he probably doesn't like me and i didn't message him regarding hangouts either. In addition, I don't find him very attractive tbh. I had not seen his face properly as he was always wearing a mask. While he's not ugly, I didn't find him as attractive as he looked with the mask on. For some reason, the mask makes him look really cute.

So I felt that he probably doesn't like me and since I'm not that physically attracted to him, I didn't ask him to hang out. I do message him to say thanks as he still gives me stuff for free. He used to respond to my thank you messages but now he doesn't. He also viewed a lot of my stories. I posted my photos and photos with my friends and he viewed all of them.

In person, his behaviour especially these days, goes from hot to cold.sometimes, he will barely talk to me, act like we don't know each other then start staring and I see him and smile, he gets warmer , starts staring a lot and comes over to talk.

I dont know but I have a feeling that he's getting a bit pissed because I didn't ask him to hangout? But if that's the case, why hasn't he asked me? He's the one who seems more "interested" then why can't he just message me? He doesn't even comment on my stories, just views them.

Furthermore, he has an extremely thick Spanish accent which is a bit difficult to understand at times. Today he was straight up ignoring me but then I caught him staring and when I smiled back, that's when he became warmer and chatted with me. Since I was working on my laptop, he asked me if I was studying and he looked at my laptop screen too.

What's his problem? And what should I do? Is this all my fault or am I overthinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You've posted stuff like this before.

You don't find him attractive, and he's clearly not that interested, so it doesn't matter what either of you do. Move on and stop making something out of nothing.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
You've posted stuff like this before.

You don't find him attractive, and he's clearly not that interested, so it doesn't matter what either of you do. Move on and stop making something out of nothing.

Then why is acting like this? He gets cold then when i smile at him, he gets normal. I'm not the one giving free things and staring all the time. I didn't even give my number. He asked and then asked for my Instagram
Original post by Anonymous
Then why is acting like this? He gets cold then when i smile at him, he gets normal. I'm not the one giving free things and staring all the time. I didn't even give my number. He asked and then asked for my Instagram

Who cares why he’s acting any particular way? You can spend forever pondering what other people might be thinking but at the end of the day they’re weird and irrational and they may not have any real sense or reason behind it. There’s nothing for you with him so just forget all about the whole thing.
Reply 4

He can act however he likes; it's not like he's being outright nasty to you. You aren't in a relationship, you aren't even friends; he owes you nothing.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
He can act however he likes; it's not like he's being outright nasty to you. You aren't in a relationship, you aren't even friends; he owes you nothing.

We are kind of friends acquaintances
Original post by Surnia

PRSOM!
Reply 7
We are kind of friends acquaintances

Doesn't sound like it.
Reply 8
Original post by Bio 7
Doesn't sound like it.

Strangers don't have each other's numbers or follow each other on IG
Reply 9
Strangers don't have each other's numbers or follow each other on IG

But you haven't described much beyond acquaintance certainly not friend.
Original post by Bio 7
But you haven't described much beyond acquaintance certainly not friend.

How do I describe when I don't know what he wants?
Reply 11
How do I describe when I don't know what he wants?

You could be proactive and find out, but you are playing silly games, like not giving your number. You are hot and cold too, more the latter. You aren't attracted to him, so stop bothering about him and move on.
Original post by Surnia
You could be proactive and find out, but you are playing silly games, like not giving your number. You are hot and cold too, more the latter. You aren't attracted to him, so stop bothering about him and move on.

Did you even read? O gave him my number and now we follow each other on IG. However Uta nor NY job to ask him out. He asked me to give my number so it should be him not me
Still denying that you're desperately in love with the spanish waiter, OP?
Original post by Theloniouss
Still denying that you're desperately in love with the spanish waiter, OP?

I'm not in love with him lol. At all.
Reply 15
However Uta nor NY job to ask him out.

What's this in English?

You asked him to hang out, so why didn't you follow up? He could have your number saved so he recognises it in case you got in touch. Anyway, it's coming over as attention-seeking that you want a guy to be chasing you when you aren't even attracted to him. Would it have got much beyond date 1 when you don't have any real feeling for him? That's unfair on him.
What answer are you looking for?
Original post by Surnia
What's this in English?

You asked him to hang out, so why didn't you follow up? He could have your number saved so he recognises it in case you got in touch. Anyway, it's coming over as attention-seeking that you want a guy to be chasing you when you aren't even attracted to him. Would it have got much beyond date 1 when you don't have any real feeling for him? That's unfair on him.

I asked him yes but gave me number and it took him over a week to message me. He chatted that same day and never messaged me again. I gave him an invite already. It was his job to follow it up. He didn't and ever since he viewed my stories of me hanging out with friends, he acted cold. How is it my fault?
In my own honest opinion, I believe that this is definitely not the platform for discussing this. We only have a 1% glimpse of your interaction. If this really bothers you, you should consider talking to a councillor or a therapist. They would give you the tools required to hep you solve this issue out yourself. I feel that discussing this here will only make you feel more frustrated.
In my own honest opinion, I believe that this is definitely not the platform for discussing this. We only have a 1% glimpse of your interaction. If this really bothers you, you should consider talking to a councillor or a therapist. They would give you the tools required to hep you solve this issue out yourself. I feel that discussing this here will only make you feel more frustrated.

But why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending