The Student Room Group

What do I do about this guy?

Basically there's a guy i've been friends with for about 4 years and most of that time he had a girlfriend but about 6 months ago they broke up. He's a great guy but I've never seen him as anything more than just a friend. Anyway a few months after they broke up he asked me out and i turned him down. He was upset for about a week then got over it and we were back to being friends like before. Recently he's been more flirty and even our mutual friends keep bringing him up to me and telling me to give him a chance. Everyone keeps asking me why i won't go on a date with him and idk what to tell them, i just don't feel anything/fancy him but they still keep on! He keeps messaging me hinting he wants to take me on a date and idk what to do, I've already said no before and i don't want to offend him but like wtf do i do about him and our friends, i have no interest in the guy and never will
Just say to him that “You’re a great guy and I appreciate you trying to get with me but I don’t see you as anything more than friends”
Don’t listen to the peer pressure from your friends. Especially don’t leave him up with the idea that you like him, as that’s just messed up. Quench the fire before it burns. Don’t flirt back too so he doesn’t get the wrong idea.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Basically there's a guy i've been friends with for about 4 years and most of that time he had a girlfriend but about 6 months ago they broke up. He's a great guy but I've never seen him as anything more than just a friend. Anyway a few months after they broke up he asked me out and i turned him down. He was upset for about a week then got over it and we were back to being friends like before. Recently he's been more flirty and even our mutual friends keep bringing him up to me and telling me to give him a chance. Everyone keeps asking me why i won't go on a date with him and idk what to tell them, i just don't feel anything/fancy him but they still keep on! He keeps messaging me hinting he wants to take me on a date and idk what to do, I've already said no before and i don't want to offend him but like wtf do i do about him and our friends, i have no interest in the guy and never will

Just tell him he reminds you of your brother, he'll get the message
Reply 3
Original post by Kdog21
Just tell him he reminds you of your brother, he'll get the message

if i had a brother i would definitely do this ahaha
Just tell him and several other friends that you see him as more of a sibling figure than a date or hookup.
After hearing it more than once & from other mutual friends he is likely to get the idea, give up and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending