The Student Room Group

Rejecting insurance on results day. HELP!!

I’ve tried to research about this but the information isn’t very clear.
Some websites say that you have to call the insurance uni to reject your application
I have seen some say you cannot reject them because there has been an agreement when putting the uni as the insurance choice
And others say that you can just reject them on UCAS website and put yourself into clearing
Please can someone tell me which one is right or how to reject the insurance choice. Also if it is the case of calling the uni to reject them, wouldn’t it be a long process of waiting for them to answer the phone which will minimalise the chance of getting into other unis since it could be hours?
Thanks
Original post by Mathstarget10
I’ve tried to research about this but the information isn’t very clear.
Some websites say that you have to call the insurance uni to reject your application
I have seen some say you cannot reject them because there has been an agreement when putting the uni as the insurance choice
And others say that you can just reject them on UCAS website and put yourself into clearing
Please can someone tell me which one is right or how to reject the insurance choice. Also if it is the case of calling the uni to reject them, wouldn’t it be a long process of waiting for them to answer the phone which will minimalise the chance of getting into other unis since it could be hours?
Thanks

There should be a reject my place button on Track on results day, provided that they've made a decision. It's a relatively new thing (first introduced in 2019, I think?) so before then you had to call up the uni to ask them to put you into clearing which is why you're reading that.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm not sure what you mean. As in, if you get rejected by your firm choice but accepted by your insurance uni? I'm pretty sure that you can just release yourself into clearing.
You dont see any of this happening as its all done in the background by the time you open-up Track on Results Day morning - you will just see which of your choices have been accepted as Firm - or if you are in Clearing because neither have accepted you.

If you have already decided that you dont want your Insurance, you have left it too late to decline this before Results Day - ie. if your Firm rejects you and your Insurance still accepts you, you first will have to 'Decline my place' on Track on Results Day in order to go into Clearing.
Original post by McGinger
You dont see any of this happening as its all done in the background by the time you open-up Track on Results Day morning - you will just see which of your choices have been accepted as Firm - or if you are in Clearing because neither have accepted you.

If you have already decided that you dont want your Insurance, you have left it too late to decline this before Results Day - ie. if your Firm rejects you and your Insurance still accepts you, you first will have to 'Decline my place' on Track on Results Day in order to go into Clearing.

Okay so I can still reject them by just clicking on the decline place button?
Original post by Mathstarget10
Okay so I can still reject them by just clicking on the decline place button?

If your insurance has changed to your unconditional firm on Tuesday then the decline my place button will be there.

If your insurance is still conditional on Tuesday then you’ll need to ring them to find out why they haven’t made a decision yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending