The Student Room Group

UCAS won't send reference request to referee

Hey everyone,

I am an international student and I have asked one of my teachers to write me a reference and he agreed to it. I have filled in everything in my application, but when I try to click on the 'request reference' button, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!:smile:
Original post by Lucas_PB
Hey everyone,

I am an international student and I have asked one of my teachers to write me a reference and he agreed to it. I have filled in everything in my application, but when I try to click on the 'request reference' button, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!:smile:

Did you set up your application using a buzzword?
Hi, this happened to me and i called UCAS.

It eventually worked, i had to click the 'request reference' over 10 times for it to confirm. It seems to be a problem for many people but i promise you it works when you spam the button
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Did you set up your application using a buzzword?

No, I am applying independently
Reply 4
Original post by candidate415

It eventually worked, i had to click the 'request reference' over 10 times for it to confirm. It seems to be a problem for many people but i promise you it works when you spam the button

Okay, I'll try this, but so you get some kind of message when it's sent right?
Reply 5
Original post by candidate415

I clicked about 300 times when I lost hope, but then it suddenly did work :biggrin:
Thank you
Original post by Lucas_PB
I clicked about 300 times when I lost hope, but then it suddenly did work :biggrin:
Thank you

No problem :rolleyes:
I'm having the same problem, I was clicking the button for about 15 minutes last night but still nothing is happening. Do I just have to keep clicking?
What should show up when you click the button?
I'm facing the exact same issue , so i just keep clicking it?
Original post by ikhlasintekhab
I'm facing the exact same issue , so i just keep clicking it?

spam it bro, as i said. 100x and it'll eventually work
Original post by rachelmak04
I'm having the same problem, I was clicking the button for about 15 minutes last night but still nothing is happening. Do I just have to keep clicking?

you gotta click that button like your life depends on it.
i asked ucas and they told me to do this and it works. "If you can please try removing the referee details and then re adding those, then select the option for 'request reference' but do not select 'save draft', that should then send that one for you."
Original post by ikhlasintekhab
i asked ucas and they told me to do this and it works. "If you can please try removing the referee details and then re adding those, then select the option for 'request reference' but do not select 'save draft', that should then send that one for you."

this worked!! Thank you so much I was really worried for a while there.
Original post by rachelmak04
this worked!! Thank you so much I was really worried for a while there.

anytime : )
Or you can just delete all cookies and try again.
Or use a different Internet browser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending