The Student Room Group

How do you genuilely get a girl?

Im 25 and never had a girlfriend, a virgin, mostly becuase im a late bloomer and never priotised/cared about sex/relationships my whole life, however lately its been bothering me the clear lack of experience compared to like 99% of others that have experience my age, I feel left out, and I even had girls admit that they are turned off by guys my age that have no experience is a red flag.

They say ''I don't mind'' yet reality shows otherwise, they think that something most be wrong with that guy that no women wants to be with him is the most common thought women have.
Espicially towards someone like me who is attractice (Ive been told this many times and I admit it) that sets off alarm bells.

I just do not know where to start, I hate dating apps, I feel like its fake and its just a hook-up culture that we live in know, I feel like a lot of people don't take relationships seriously when the sight of struggle starts to appear, they ditch...
I also HATE one night-stands, I do NOT want to date promoscious women either.

When it comes to personal being, I take care of myself, Im very clean, my hygiene is on point, im physically tall and in shape, so when it comes to self care I have it ticked off, I clean up myself for example in the kitchen after each meal and leave nothing un-attended compared to my lousy room mates.

Admittedly I recently moved to the UK and have yet to make any friends.
When I go out to do shopping I have a fun time with the ladies helping me out/selling me products behind the counter, even had a few funny engaging convos, but the fun ends there.
I don't see how I can ask for their number let alone if its even appropriate, You see im Autistic (Asperges) So I cannot tell if they are being joyful as part of their job or if they genuilely fancy me.

I feel like living with Aspergers is a curse, if you think social interactions with the opposite sex is hard, just be grateful you are not in my shoes.

Also my studies are largely male dominant, and again I just don't see any scenarios where I can randomly approach girls outside of class without looking odd/creepy and I certaintly don't want to be known as that guy in uni either.

I also go to the gym several times a week and even that I don't bother, as its common knowledge that women aren't looking to get hit on.

I just feel seriously out of place, I don't have a lot of hope yet alone faith in myself. I feel sad and very intimated that I have zero experience my age which is just digging myself a bigger hole each passing year.
I want to feel love and have all those ''perks'' that comes with relationships.

I just don't know what to do anymore and Id rather die then remain single all my life to.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous
im 25 and never had a girlfriend, a virgin, mostly becuase im a late bloomer and never priotised/cared about sex/relationships my whole life, however lately its been bothering me the clear lack of experience compared to like 99% of others that have experience my age, i feel left out, and i even had girls admit that they are turned off by guys my age that have no experience is a red flag.

They say ''i don't mind'' yet reality shows otherwise, they think that something most be wrong with that guy that no women wants to be with him is the most common thought women have.
Espicially towards someone like me who is attractice (ive been told this many times and i admit it) that sets off alarm bells.

I just do not know where to start, i hate dating apps, i feel like its fake and its just a hook-up culture that we live in know, i feel like a lot of people don't take relationships seriously when the sight of struggle starts to appear, they ditch...
I also hate one night-stands, i do not want to date promoscious women either.

When it comes to personal being, i take care of myself, im very clean, my hygiene is on point, im physically tall and in shape, so when it comes to self care i have it ticked off, i clean up myself for example in the kitchen after each meal and leave nothing un-attended compared to my lousy room mates.

Admittedly i recently moved to the uk and have yet to make any friends.
When i go out to do shopping i have a fun time with the ladies helping me out/selling me products behind the counter, even had a few funny engaging convos, but the fun ends there.
I don't see how i can ask for their number let alone if its even appropriate, you see im autistic (asperges) so i cannot tell if they are being joyful as part of their job or if they genuilely fancy me.

I feel like living with aspergers is a curse, if you think social interactions with the opposite sex is hard, just be grateful you are not in my shoes.

Also my studies are largely male dominant, and again i just don't see any scenarios where i can randomly approach girls outside of class without looking odd/creepy and i certaintly don't want to be known as that guy in uni either.

I also go to the gym several times a week and even that i don't bother, as its common knowledge that women aren't looking to get hit on.

I just feel seriously out of place, i don't have a lot of hope yet alone faith in myself. I feel sad and very intimated that i have zero experience my age which is just digging myself a bigger hole each passing year.

I just don't know what to do anymore and id rather die then remain single all my life to.

loooooooolll
Reply 2
Original post by succubus666
loooooooolll

Are you going to give me advice or just mock me?
I don't see whats so funny. :/
Reply 3
They don’t fancy you. Virgin.

And why do you have to be such a **** about it?
Original post by Anonymous

ignore them they are trying to troll.

Sorry my friend took over my account that was NOT me !
Join societies etc and maybe join dating sites if you like but write in detail on your bio about what it is you're looking for and only swipe on those who seem like they want exactly the same
Reply 7
Original post by WazzWazz98
Join societies etc and maybe join dating sites if you like but write in detail on your bio about what it is you're looking for and only swipe on those who seem like they want exactly the same

I might give tinder a try again if I have no other option.
Also joinng societies/clubs just to try and get a girl just seems blantly needy :biggrin:.
I might give tinder a try again if I have no other option.
Also joinng societies/clubs just to try and get a girl just seems blantly needy :biggrin:.

Don't state your intentions
Better still don't even go with that intention
Go to network and make friends and connections because they are always good to have
And whatever happens, happens!
Im 25 and never had a girlfriend, a virgin, mostly becuase im a late bloomer and never priotised/cared about sex/relationships my whole life, however lately its been bothering me the clear lack of experience compared to like 99% of others that have experience my age, I feel left out, and I even had girls admit that they are turned off by guys my age that have no experience is a red flag.

They say ''I don't mind'' yet reality shows otherwise, they think that something most be wrong with that guy that no women wants to be with him is the most common thought women have.
Espicially towards someone like me who is attractice (Ive been told this many times and I admit it) that sets off alarm bells.

I just do not know where to start, I hate dating apps, I feel like its fake and its just a hook-up culture that we live in know, I feel like a lot of people don't take relationships seriously when the sight of struggle starts to appear, they ditch...

When it comes to personal being, I take care of myself, Im very clean, my hygiene is on point, im physically tall and in shape, so when it comes to self care I have it ticked off, I clean up myself for example in the kitchen after each meal and leave nothing un-attended compared to my lousy room mates.

When I go out to do shopping I have a fun time with the ladies helping me out/selling me products behind the counter, even had a few funny engaging convos, but the fun ends there.
I don't see how I can ask for their number let alone if its even appropriate, You see im Autistic (Asperges) So I cannot tell if they are being joyful as part of their job or if they genuilely fancy me.

I feel like living with Aspergers is a curse, if you think social interactions with the opposite sex is hard, just be grateful you are not in my shoes.

Also my studies are largely male dominant, and again I just don't see any scenarios where I can randomly approach girls outside of class without looking odd/creepy and I certaintly don't want to be known as that guy in uni either.

I also go to the gym several times a week and even that I don't bother, as its common knowledge that women aren't looking to get hit on.

I just feel seriously out of place, I don't have a lot of hope yet alone faith in myself. I feel sad and very intimated that I have zero experience my age which is just digging myself a bigger hole each passing year.

I just don't know what to do anymore and Id rather die then remain single all my life to.

Don't go on blind dates, you will screw it up or end up with a moron. Find an acceptable hobby or club that involves chicks and just over the time talk to some and see whats what...

Says the one with an anime pfp
Original post by hungrysalamander

hey?!

I mean, not got one, but hey! (I'm a filthy weeb and so is my lady!)

oh :frown: poor the guy lol

you’re without a picture that means you’re boring! oof gotcha there:tongue: also before you take offence I AM MOSTLY JOKING. im not actually being rude.

I’m in the exact same position! I’m a girl aged 24, I’ve had 1 relationship but it didn’t work out, I’m still a virgin. I guess I’ve never had another relationship because I’m generally shy, and I don’t talk to other people outside of my friend circle much. In my honest opinion, I’d prefer a guy with no experience, because one with loads of experience would make me feel so insecure, as they would probably compare between girls.

Hang in there, I’m definitely hanging in. We’ll find someone at some point.
I’m in the exact same position! I’m a girl aged 24, I’ve had 1 relationship but it didn’t work out, I’m still a virgin. I guess I’ve never had another relationship because I’m generally shy, and I don’t talk to other people outside of my friend circle much. In my honest opinion, I’d prefer a guy with no experience, because one with loads of experience would make me feel so insecure, as they would probably compare between girls.

Hang in there, I’m definitely hanging in. We’ll find someone at some point.

But the inexperienced one, once his ego grows a bit might start thinking "hmm.. what else might be there" ... :biggrin:
Trust me it's ok! I'm a girl and I can tell you that in most cases you just need to relax. If you find someone that you like, you should try and get to know her better and just chat. Girls aren't an alien species, y'know! If you feel that you guys are getting really close, you should invite her to a cafe or somewhere and take it slow. Don't get downhearted if she doesn't like you back though - I've had enough rejects to know that some people are worth searching for, and I hope you find her!

Spoiler

Original post by DecoyFerret
But the inexperienced one, once his ego grows a bit might start thinking "hmm.. what else might be there" ... :biggrin:

Hahaha, that’s actually a good point 🤣
Original post by GyrosUberAlles
hey?!

Should've specified anime girl pfp. Not directed towards you but some the opinions of people with anime girl pfp's can be ignored.
Original post by Callicious
I mean, not got one, but hey! (I'm a filthy weeb and so is my lady!)

I mean it's ok to be a weeb. I sometimes enjoy a bit of anime as well but people who have anime pfp's usually have sub-par opinions.
Original post by gracieee16
you’re without a picture that means you’re boring! oof gotcha there:tongue: also before you take offence I AM MOSTLY JOKING. im not actually being rude.

You don't have one either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending