The Student Room Group

will I miss out much?

There's a Uni really close to where I live and I put down as living at home while studying. If I were to go there would I miss out on much but not living at the uni in halls?
Original post by Anonymous
There's a Uni really close to where I live and I put down as living at home while studying. If I were to go there would I miss out on much but not living at the uni in halls?

Id say university life & university are almost two different things, the social side of university happens really in evenings & weekends.

Living at home doesn’t have to mean missing out but it often means you see some students who don’t integrate into the social scene. Often one way to do it is live at uni for first year, build the friendship groups then come out more in second year when you have mates with houses you can crash at etc.

Hey there!
I'd say you don't need to miss out if you're living at home, lots of students do this and still make friends and settle in great :smile: what I would say is that it's totally what you make it - so if you live at home and keep to yourself then yes you may feel left out from time to time. If you get involved with your course though and make an effort to get to know people then you'll settle in great. You may even end up making friends with people in halls that you can crash with every so often. Have a look at clubs and societies that peak your interest and they'll be a good way to meet more people too!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Hi,
I wouldn't say you'd miss out by living at home. You can still be involved in any extracurriculars or the social aspect of uni especially if you live quite close. It all just depends on personal preference and whether you'd prefer to live at home or live in halls with other students. You can still make friends and connections with those who live in halls even if you don't.

All the best
Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador.

Hey,

I would not say that you would miss out! If you live close and can still easily get involved then you will be fine :smile: A lot of students who I know that live at home enjoy having the best of both worlds so you will be fine!

All the best,
Sara

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending