The Student Room Group

What’s your family life like?

For me I’m an only child in a single parent household so there’s not much to it
Reply 1
My heart goes out to you, and sometimes it can feel so isolating. There are a lot of positives being an only child. You have no huge arguments with siblings and hopefully you are not competing to get the attention from your single parent?

If you are at school, try to feel the love and care from other families when you visit friends. There will I am sure be many other parents who recognise it can be a lonely place without the surround of family members and do all they can to welcome you into their households. Sometimes the 'cared for' feeling can be a little elusive but you still have one parent, and hopefully still feel a lot of love.

As you get older you can find people who offer you the feeling of constant love and care and you can join their extended families. You can adopt a family, adopt a Granny or elderly person and make sense of the world by giving care to others. Hopefully anyone you meet will have lots and lots of relatives, cousins, siblings and you will be absorbed into the mix. Everything can change in life and sometimes you just have to take a day at a time. Be so glad of a warm dry place to stay, food and support, and education, even though life might not be perfect
Original post by Muttly
My heart goes out to you, and sometimes it can feel so isolating. There are a lot of positives being an only child. You have no huge arguments with siblings and hopefully you are not competing to get the attention from your single parent?

If you are at school, try to feel the love and care from other families when you visit friends. There will I am sure be many other parents who recognise it can be a lonely place without the surround of family members and do all they can to welcome you into their households. Sometimes the 'cared for' feeling can be a little elusive but you still have one parent, and hopefully still feel a lot of love.

As you get older you can find people who offer you the feeling of constant love and care and you can join their extended families. You can adopt a family, adopt a Granny or elderly person and make sense of the world by giving care to others. Hopefully anyone you meet will have lots and lots of relatives, cousins, siblings and you will be absorbed into the mix. Everything can change in life and sometimes you just have to take a day at a time. Be so glad of a warm dry place to stay, food and support, and education, even though life might not be perfect

Thankyou for your reply it’s thoughtful.

Though I’m 23, I don’t have close friends to call family and theirs to as well
23 yo only child.
Call my parents maybe once every 2-3 weeks (usually they call me though tbf)
I have my aunt/uncle nearby who I meet once every month or so (I'm at my uni address year-round and rent from them)
Not much else to it- don't get along well with 'em.
Only person I talk to regularly is my girlfriend :rofl: Not got any friends that I communicate with really

Moving home soon after Uni is done for a while so that'll be interesting :rofl:
Oy who are you where'd ROTL94 #1 go
:colonhash:
have quite a big family. i have a household full of 6 altogether, parents, one sister and two brothers. we're a busy household, i'd say
I will :colonhash: whoever I want all night long!

:vroam:
I have two younger sisters and a pet. I live with them.
I'm very happy and incredibly glad that I am able to live alone after escaping from a toxic household 9 years ago.
Thank my lucky stars every day that I have my privacy, freedom and independence.

I have a fantastic best friend living overseas who I have been besties with since we were 3 and plenty of amazing friends all over the world.
Both adults and children.
With lots of animal pals; canines, foxes, squirrels, equines, birds and other friendly creatures.
I don't want to talk about it
Dead and somewhat dysfunction with a dose of psycho drops
Original post by hungrysalamander
I don't want to talk about it

You prefer to sing about it? :tongue:
Albert Hammond or Eminem style. :evil:
I live with my husband and four kids.
We all study at home, so we're pretty much nearly always all around each other.
There's a lot of bickering between the 8 & 14 year olds, but otherwise we're all very close.

My mam rings me every day.

My dad messages me every week ish.

I have no biological siblings.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending