The Student Room Group

Child care grant living with child and Partner

Hi I am 24 years old living with my boyfriend and our baby. I applied for Child care grant for 21/22 as I stated single because we were thinking that partner meaning someone you are married to or have civil partnership. SF approved my grant for 21/22 and I take the higher amount of the grant. However, after I applied also for Child care grant for 20/21 as this time I stated that I live with partner. Because we are still confused of what thats meaning. My income is about 4000£ and my partner income is very low too at the moment and it is about 6000£ per year.

And the result of this I received an email stating that I initially applied as single but the evidence that they received now stated that I live with partner and I need to send the exact date that I live with my partner. And if I don’t send this evidence my entitlement may be reduced.

Now realised that we made a big mistake that I didn’t applied as living with partner for 21/22.
I will send the exact date that we are living together. Could you advise me how to procedure from now on? And if there will any consequences?
Original post by Uk2022
Hi I am 24 years old living with my boyfriend and our baby. I applied for Child care grant for 21/22 as I stated single because we were thinking that partner meaning someone you are married to or have civil partnership. SF approved my grant for 21/22 and I take the higher amount of the grant. However, after I applied also for Child care grant for 20/21 as this time I stated that I live with partner. Because we are still confused of what thats meaning. My income is about 4000£ and my partner income is very low too at the moment and it is about 6000£ per year.

And the result of this I received an email stating that I initially applied as single but the evidence that they received now stated that I live with partner and I need to send the exact date that I live with my partner. And if I don’t send this evidence my entitlement may be reduced.

Now realised that we made a big mistake that I didn’t applied as living with partner for 21/22.
I will send the exact date that we are living together. Could you advise me how to procedure from now on? And if there will any consequences?

Hi there,

Please do send the required evidence/information requested, based on your partners income your entitlement may not change. However we are unable to confirm this until we have reviewed the requested information/evidence and reassess your application.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,

Please do send the required evidence/information requested, based on your partners income your entitlement may not change. However we are unable to confirm this until we have reviewed the requested information/evidence and reassess your application.

Thanks, Angela.

Thank you Angela,

I will do this ASAP.

Thanks
Original post by Uk2022
Thank you Angela,

I will do this ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Abdul,

You are more than welcome.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 4
Hi Angela,
I have one more question. Does the living with partner and you are Under 25 and have 1 child affect the Maintenance loan and Parents' Learning Allowance? If your household income all together are about 9000£?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Uk2022

Hi there, You would need to send the information requested by the team and they would review your application. Once this has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending