The Student Room Group

Scared i'm not going to meet my offer

I only have a firm choice for uni, Computer Science at Lancaster, with no insurance. I need BBC to meet my offer but i'm convinced i'll get BCC or worse. Realistically, what are my chances?
I looked into clearing but with these grades there's not many places that'll take me for computer science. I have my heart set on Lancaster but I'm convinced i will fail.
Has anyone got any advice or possible clearing options for me if lancaster don't let me in?
Original post by altmae
I only have a firm choice for uni, Computer Science at Lancaster, with no insurance. I need BBC to meet my offer but i'm convinced i'll get BCC or worse. Realistically, what are my chances?
I looked into clearing but with these grades there's not many places that'll take me for computer science. I have my heart set on Lancaster but I'm convinced i will fail.
Has anyone got any advice or possible clearing options for me if lancaster don't let me in?

I don't have an advice but me too :frown: my firm and insurance were both for Lancaster, both with the same grade requirements. It's scary
Original post by altmae

Original post by littleflower16
I don't have an advice but me too :frown: my firm and insurance were both for Lancaster, both with the same grade requirements. It's scary

Not really possible to state your chances, (your uni’s may still be processing their AL results), but the following AL Results Countdown thread has a lot of other nervous people in a similar position:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7234549
Join the 'waiting for Results Day' thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7230337
Original post by altmae

CS is in clearing at the moment at Lancaster so you might be considered if you are a near miss:

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/#

Alternatives? A friend's son is very happy studying CS at Liverpool John Moore's (also in clearing). The course offers the option of a placement year.

https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduates/2022/computer-science-bsc
You have shown enthusiasm and commitment to studying at Lancaster by choosing it to be your Firm choice. There is every chance that you will be accepted with a slipped grade.

I know a gap year and a resit will not be your ideal next step but this works for a lot of people.

All the results will be out soon. Knowing the result will be a lot better than the anxiety of this waiting. I hope you get good news.
If you post in a Faith forum you may get more replies.

Take care & I hope all is well.
Sorry, the above post was meant as a reply to a different user.
Original post by altmae

Unfortunately this looks like a reduced offer from Lancaster so it is impossible to know whether they will drop further. In the worse case scenario there will likely be other universities in clearing but they will probably be lower graded universities. It is also worth looking nti that some universities might accept below their published grades.
Original post by RæityCheck'sWife
My husband doesn't trolerate trolls and neither do I.

Please see my apology post. This was a genuine error.
Reply 10
Original post by altmae

Don't worry about it, if youve tried your best that all that really matters, in life trying your best and working to your best is everything plus that's all you can do.

If you haven't got the right grades you options are

I wouldn't recommend retaking and reapplying that because you'll have to go college or back to school, it's just might be a bit long. It's up to you though about that

What I would recommend is now maybe go and look for some back up plans if you don't get into university like apprenticeships, maybe retail jobs etc. It will be good to have the back up plan then at results day you won't have to put too much emphasis on it because you have better plans.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending