The Student Room Group

Dependents and childcare grant questions

Good afternoon

I am.hoping you can help with my second year application. Could you advise re the part 'about you' section it asks whether 'you or your partner care for a child under 20 who's in full time education?'. I currently have a 4 year old who starts school in September 2023 and a 2 year old in nursery. Would I tick yes for this?

Another question regarding which box to tick! During the academic year Will you or your husband etc receive... 'tax free childcare'. As it stands i do, however we have now separated and as of the new academic year I will be entitled to the childcare grant. Therefore I will stop my tax free childcare when the grant comes through. Should I tick I don't receive this?

Thank you
Jo
Original post by Magicpuss
Good afternoon

I am.hoping you can help with my second year application. Could you advise re the part 'about you' section it asks whether 'you or your partner care for a child under 20 who's in full time education?'. I currently have a 4 year old who starts school in September 2023 and a 2 year old in nursery. Would I tick yes for this?

Another question regarding which box to tick! During the academic year Will you or your husband etc receive... 'tax free childcare'. As it stands i do, however we have now separated and as of the new academic year I will be entitled to the childcare grant. Therefore I will stop my tax free childcare when the grant comes through. Should I tick I don't receive this?

Thank you
Jo

Hi Jo,

You would select 'Yes' to the care of for a child under 20 who's in full time education?
You would select 'No' for 'tax free childcare', as you will no longer be in receipt of this.

Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending