The Student Room Group

Household income

Hi, I had previously asked a question but could not reply to the rep as I lost my account. My question was:

I applied for the maximum amount of maintenance loan, and was told that I'll be asked for my household income. I live with my aunt, she provides me with food and accommodation, but does not support me financially. My parents live away from me and can not support me, my father may refuse to provide me with the evidence needed for me to receive the loan, if so should I provide my aunts household income?

the rep had asked some questions and my answer to the questions made are:

I am 18 and single. I wouldn't say I have self supported myself financially for the last 3 years as I get a small allowance and have never worked. My parents live overseas.

Thank you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anon74212
Hi, I had previously asked a question but could not reply to the rep as I lost my account. My question was:

I applied for the maximum amount of maintenance loan, and was told that I'll be asked for my household income. I live with my aunt, she provides me with food and accommodation, but does not support me financially. My parents live away from me and can not support me, my father may refuse to provide me with the evidence needed for me to receive the loan, if so should I provide my aunts household income?

the rep had asked some questions and my answer to the questions made are:

I am 18 and single. I wouldn't say I have self supported myself financially for the last 3 years as I get a small allowance and have never worked. My parents live overseas.

Thank you.

Hi there, as you are under the age of 25 we would require your parents financial information in order to assess you for the higher amount of funding you are entitled to receive.
If your parents live overseas they would need to complete the PFF2 form and return this with evidence of their overseas income for the team to review.

If you are studying in the 22/23 academic year you can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1060268/sfe_pff2_form_2223_o.pdf

If it is the 23/24 academic year you can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

If your parents refuse to complete the form then you would only be eligible to receive the basic amount of funding available to you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, as you are under the age of 25 we would require your parents financial information in order to assess you for the higher amount of funding you are entitled to receive.
If your parents live overseas they would need to complete the PFF2 form and return this with evidence of their overseas income for the team to review.

If you are studying in the 22/23 academic year you can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1060268/sfe_pff2_form_2223_o.pdf

If it is the 23/24 academic year you can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

If your parents refuse to complete the form then you would only be eligible to receive the basic amount of funding available to you. Thanks, Karen

Hello, When completing my SFE application it said I will be asked to submit these forms but haven't been asked yet so should I give in the evidence when I am asked for it through my account? or should I have it completed and then submit it without being asked?
Thanks
Original post by anon74212
Hello, When completing my SFE application it said I will be asked to submit these forms but haven't been asked yet so should I give in the evidence when I am asked for it through my account? or should I have it completed and then submit it without being asked?
Thanks

Hi there, this should be submitted as soon as possible for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending