The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't give me importance

I've been dating for 10 months and sometimes our relationship is great, sometimes it's not, we have fights and it's not like we haven't resolved it. Few days ago him and I had a minor accident on the bike. The cops tried to catch us because I wasn't wearing a helmet, he tried to escape the cops and overspeed, between another guy on the bike and a divider. He lost control and we fell off the bike. I got hit bad as my shin hit the divider and my heel tore. Thankfully, nothing happened to him. I was rushed to the hospital and he I got treated. He dropped me home and left. The next morning he had to travel for a trek with his friends and he just took off leaving me hanging here with a wounded leg. Although his trip was planned months ago and he still decided to leave. I don't know if I should be upset with him for leaving? Because now was the time I needed him the most and he's gone. And it's not for a short while, it's for 17 days. I don't know what to really do and how to control my emotions? When I questioned him after he left, was his Trek more important than me? He said, if you didn't want me to go, you should have said so, now your hold your peace. Should I still be with a guy who can't protect me and look after me? Or should I wait for him to come back and discuss about the situation and see what he has to say? I'm hurting both physically and emotionally right now.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating for 10 months and sometimes our relationship is great, sometimes it's not, we have fights and it's not like we haven't resolved it. Few days ago him and I had a minor accident on the bike. The cops tried to catch us because I wasn't wearing a helmet, he tried to escape the cops and overspeed, between another guy on the bike and a divider. He lost control and we fell off the bike. I got hit bad as my shin hit the divider and my heel tore. Thankfully, nothing happened to him. I was rushed to the hospital and he I got treated. He dropped me home and left. The next morning he had to travel for a trek with his friends and he just took off leaving me hanging here with a wounded leg. Although his trip was planned months ago and he still decided to leave. I don't know if I should be upset with him for leaving? Because now was the time I needed him the most and he's gone. And it's not for a short while, it's for 17 days. I don't know what to really do and how to control my emotions? When I questioned him after he left, was his Trek more important than me? He said, if you didn't want me to go, you should have said so, now your hold your peace. Should I still be with a guy who can't protect me and look after me? Or should I wait for him to come back and discuss about the situation and see what he has to say? I'm hurting both physically and emotionally right now.

that's very thoughtless of him. some guys are just genuinely thoughtless (my last boyfriend was a bit lmao) but there are cases such as this where such thoughtlessness cannot be excused. he got you into an accident where you were hurt and then prioritised something relatively trivial which he could reorganise over his girlfriend who he got into an accident. he definitely should have offered to stay with you rather than just leaving, that's just basic stuff. you could discuss this when he gets back and if he does not apologise or see anything wrong with it i would reconsider the relationship. his lack of guilt and empathy is worrying.
that's very thoughtless of him. some guys are just genuinely thoughtless (my last boyfriend was a bit lmao) but there are cases such as this where such thoughtlessness cannot be excused. he got you into an accident where you were hurt and then prioritised something relatively trivial which he could reorganise over his girlfriend who he got into an accident. he definitely should have offered to stay with you rather than just leaving, that's just basic stuff. you could discuss this when he gets back and if he does not apologise or see anything wrong with it i would reconsider the relationship. his lack of guilt and empathy is worrying.

My parents and friends despise him already for leaving. I know it shows that he's irresponsible and unreliable. I love him and we planned to get married. Now I'm afraid, if I marry this dude, he's going to leave me stranded again. I have to really consider this relationship, because it is unfair! He could have always postponed his trip, it's not the end of the world. I'm so heart broken and damaged
Luv, how have you not dumped him in the recycling bin already?? That’s what you need to do right away, he clearly doesn’t give a rat’s arse about you so don’t hesitate and just throw him away. This is the only time I encourage littering.
Reply 4
Wow, he obviously doesn't care about you at all. I would expect him to cancel all plans no matter what and take care of you until you get better as it was his fault in the first place anyways. Why would he try to escape the cops when you weren't wearing a helmet? He could have just stopped and deal with it. Damn how childish is that behaviour
I don't think he has done anything wrong by leaving. As you said, this was planned months ago.

I'd be more concerned about the fact he's the reason you're injured in the first place.
My parents and friends despise him already for leaving. I know it shows that he's irresponsible and unreliable. I love him and we planned to get married. Now I'm afraid, if I marry this dude, he's going to leave me stranded again. I have to really consider this relationship, because it is unfair! He could have always postponed his trip, it's not the end of the world. I'm so heart broken and damaged

he sounds far too immature for marriage if he is unable to think of anyone but himself after getting his girlfriend into an accident. i'm so sorry this has happened to you.
Original post by 1582
I don't think he has done anything wrong by leaving. As you said, this was planned months ago.

I'd be more concerned about the fact he's the reason you're injured in the first place.

when it was planned becomes irrelevant, he got his girlfriend injured. any normal person would feel too consumed by guilt to even really want to go on the trip. the least he should have done was offered to stay.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Luv, how have you not dumped him in the recycling bin already?? That’s what you need to do right away, he clearly doesn’t give a rat’s arse about you so don’t hesitate and just throw him away. This is the only time I encourage littering.

Maybe it's the fear of abandonment for me but you're right, this has to end. When he comes back, hes going to try and get in touch, Should I just ignore him? Or break up with him while he's in his trip?
Maybe it's the fear of abandonment for me but you're right, this has to end. When he comes back, hes going to try and get in touch, Should I just ignore him? Or break up with him while he's in his trip?

If you decide to break up with him you need to make that clear and communicate it because just ignoring him doesn’t let him know it’s over, at least not straight away.
Honestly I don't think him leaving is the problem, more so the running from the police is the part I'm concerned about. Very big red flag.
If you decide to break up with him you need to make that clear and communicate it because just ignoring him doesn’t let him know it’s over, at least not straight away.

Im bad at doing this, I never thought this day would come. I dont know if I should just leave him a text now or wait for him to come back and end it on his face?
he sounds far too immature for marriage if he is unable to think of anyone but himself after getting his girlfriend into an accident. i'm so sorry this has happened to you./?

He's 35 years old, how much time does he need to be matured? Throughout a relationship he's only thought about himself and he is a poker addict. Its always about him. He's a narcissist! But I still put up with his ****, because I thought he would change someday and it work out out. He really outdone himself this time!
He’s 35 and is this emotionally immature and reckless?? Damn, I genuinely thought you were talking about a 17-year-old. Ending it to someone’s face is better imo but if you really can’t face him then a text is fine, just make sure you properly give the reasons for why you’re ending it.
Original post by v1th
Wow, he obviously doesn't care about you at all. I would expect him to cancel all plans no matter what and take care of you until you get better as it was his fault in the first place anyways. Why would he try to escape the cops when you weren't wearing a helmet? He could have just stopped and deal with it. Damn how childish is that behaviour

Exactly! Due to his recklessness he put me at risk, and without a helmet thankfully I did not fall and hurt my head! He definitely isn't a man who can protect me and look after me. This is heart breaking to know that you would have done anything for the person you love, but they just abandon you! It's so unfair!
Original post by 1582

He made a choice to leave, he did. If he wanted to cancel his plans, he still could have, it could have waited or he could have always postponed it. But he has no empathy and he's irresponsible, he put me at risk and that was not needed at all!
He’s 35 and is this emotionally immature and reckless?? Damn, I genuinely thought you were talking about a 17-year-old. Ending it to someone’s face is better imo but if you really can’t face him then a text is fine, just make sure you properly give the reasons for why you’re ending it.

The thing is if I text, Im going to vent and abuse and its going to be nasty and I dont want to do that and make myself look like Im reacting cos I need attention from him and thats not me, I dont want to be like that. Im 30 years old and I cant behave like a teenager sending long texts. Face to face is going to be hard, but it is what it is. End it maturely, cos thats what adults do. Thank you for hearing me out. Appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending