The Student Room Group

Which year gets self funded?

Hi there, just a quick question.

If I do not have all of the entitlement I require to cover the full length of my course, am I right in thinking that the last year gets the student finance funding first?

So, if I needed two years of full time student finance, and am only eligible for one, would the second year be covered, but not the first?

Thanks,
Andrew
Original post by aglrogers
Hi there, just a quick question.

If I do not have all of the entitlement I require to cover the full length of my course, am I right in thinking that the last year gets the student finance funding first?

So, if I needed two years of full time student finance, and am only eligible for one, would the second year be covered, but not the first?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi there, If your course is for example 3 years in length and you have 1 year of funding left then you would need to self fund the 1st 2 years of your course and your funding would be awarded to the final year of the course. Thanks, Karen
That's great, thanks for your response.

I'm transferring existing credits over and topping them up to a full degree, starting at year 2, and lasting for 2 years. I've just had my finance confirmed for study that will be starting at year 2 in September of this year, 2023. I'm hoping that this implies I should be eligible for funding for year 3 as well. My logic goes that if I only had one year of entitlement, it would go to year 3, and Student Finance would not fund me for year 2. So, if I am fully financed for year 2, then I should be entitled to year 3 as well. Is this correct?

I'm just trying to plan ahead and make sure that my study goes as smoothly as I can make it. Thanks for your help.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi there,

Can you confirm how many years of previous study you have?

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending