The Student Room Group

Transferring university after first year - SFE loan

Hi,

I’m planning to transfer to a different university this September (2023) after completing a first year at current university. I’ll be transferring onto a new course, starting in first year. I submitted a UCAS application in November after realising the course here was not right for me and I knew what I wanted to do- and was offered a place at said new university, I have firmed it, so all is well there. My question is, what do I do with regards to my student finance? I have had emails notifying me that I can now apply for next year’s loan, I just want to make sure I can definitely be funded for the next three years by SFE on my new course. It is definitely the right decision for me. I would assume I need to call and change my course/university details with SFE before I submit a new SFE loan application? Thanks :smile:
p.s- I intend to stay the length of the rest of this academic year at current university, I’m currently near the end of my Easter break, so I have a term left.

Any help is very much appreciated :smile:
Apply for finance. There’s a question on the form for continuing students about whether you will be on the same course/university next year. If you will 100% be changing then fill in the details of the new course/university
Original post by anon1508
Hi,

I’m planning to transfer to a different university this September (2023) after completing a first year at current university. I’ll be transferring onto a new course, starting in first year. I submitted a UCAS application in November after realising the course here was not right for me and I knew what I wanted to do- and was offered a place at said new university, I have firmed it, so all is well there. My question is, what do I do with regards to my student finance? I have had emails notifying me that I can now apply for next year’s loan, I just want to make sure I can definitely be funded for the next three years by SFE on my new course. It is definitely the right decision for me. I would assume I need to call and change my course/university details with SFE before I submit a new SFE loan application? Thanks :smile:
p.s- I intend to stay the length of the rest of this academic year at current university, I’m currently near the end of my Easter break, so I have a term left.

Any help is very much appreciated :smile:

Hi there, is your current university withdrawing you from the course? Is your new university allowing you to transfer as a returning student or are they classing you as a new student? How many years have you studied at higher education level previously? Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending