The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Master's Loan and pre-settlement status

Hello, I'm an EU student and I will start a masters course in England in October 2023, it's one year full time. I did my bachelor also in England and I received student finance for the tuition fee. I have a pre-settlement status and the University I applied to for MSc gave me UK fees status. I have been living in the UK (for uni) since 2018 and before that in the EU. Am I eligible for the Postgraduate Master's Loan?
Original post by chiara.k
Hello, I'm an EU student and I will start a masters course in England in October 2023, it's one year full time. I did my bachelor also in England and I received student finance for the tuition fee. I have a pre-settlement status and the University I applied to for MSc gave me UK fees status. I have been living in the UK (for uni) since 2018 and before that in the EU. Am I eligible for the Postgraduate Master's Loan?

Hi Chiara,

You will be eligible as long as your course is in England and you meet the 3 year residency period in the UK and all other standard eligibility.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thanks, I did a year abroad in France last year as part of my Bachelor course (which was in an English university, the University of Surrey). How does this affect me?
Original post by chiara.k
Thanks, I did a year abroad in France last year as part of my Bachelor course (which was in an English university, the University of Surrey). How does this affect me?

Hi Chiara,

If you received your funding for that year as normal, you would still be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending