The Student Room Group

Do I have home fee status?

Hi
I'm a British citizen whose stayed in singapore for education from 2014 - June 2022 and have been visiting the UK during the holidays.
My permanent residence is in the UK, we have a house here and my dad has been working in the UK and has been paying taxes etc.
Will I be considered a home student as the student finance requires - 3 yrs for non-academic reasons prior to starting your course. I was going to move in 2021 due to my brother's personal health reasons however, was unable to do so due to the covid-19 travel restrictions.
Original post by kat__01
Hi
I'm a British citizen whose stayed in singapore for education from 2014 - June 2022 and have been visiting the UK during the holidays.
My permanent residence is in the UK, we have a house here and my dad has been working in the UK and has been paying taxes etc.
Will I be considered a home student as the student finance requires - 3 yrs for non-academic reasons prior to starting your course. I was going to move in 2021 due to my brother's personal health reasons however, was unable to do so due to the covid-19 travel restrictions.

Hi there,

Can you please confirm when your course begins?

Do you live in the UK at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme
Just to note that your fee status is determined by the unis that you apply to. SFE can only advise whether you would be eligible for funding.

Based on what you’ve written above I think you could put in a credible case for being assessed as Home fees but no one can advise you based on a forum post alone.
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm when your course begins?

Do you live in the UK at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,
Yes I do live in the UK at the moment and I am planning to apply for a course that will begin in 2024.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kat__01
Hi,
Yes I do live in the UK at the moment and I am planning to apply for a course that will begin in 2024.

Hi there, our 24/25 academic year and guidelines won't launch until March 2024. When the applications launch you would need to submit an application for the team to review. Once this has been processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending