The Student Room Group

Funding

If I do bsc dental nursing and then in future I change my mind and maybe I want to do Bsc dental therapy and hygiene, would I still be able to get funding for my studies? Tuition fee and maintenance fee or not? I an really confused since brexit came so many rules changed.
Original post by ambar_.023
If I do bsc dental nursing and then in future I change my mind and maybe I want to do Bsc dental therapy and hygiene, would I still be able to get funding for my studies? Tuition fee and maintenance fee or not? I an really confused since brexit came so many rules changed.

Hi there,

Is this your first year you are about to start and have you studied before? If you can also confirm your status in the UK?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Is this your first year you are about to start and have you studied before? If you can also confirm your status in the UK?

Thanks, Jason

I am doing a CertHe in dental nurse ( 1 year) and the university offers two year top up course to make it a Bsc. Then there will be 3 years of dental therapy again BSC. I have presentment status as European from 2019.
I am doing a CertHe in dental nurse ( 1 year) and the university offers two year top up course to make it a Bsc. Then there will be 3 years of dental therapy again BSC. I have presentment status as European from 2019.

Hi there,

Yes, based on what you've said you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for both courses.

You'll be eligible so long as you're not already registered to practice in the subject. For example, if you were already registered to practice in the Dental Hygiene field you wouldn't be eligible for a Dental Hygiene course.

Just to say, we can't guarantee this here, you'd need to make an application in order for this to be reviewed by the assessors.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, based on what you've said you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for both courses.

You'll be eligible so long as you're not already registered to practice in the subject. For example, if you were already registered to practice in the Dental Hygiene field you wouldn't be eligible for a Dental Hygiene course.

Just to say, we can't guarantee this here, you'd need to make an application in order for this to be reviewed by the assessors.

Thanks, Graeme

So even If I am doing CertHe dental nursing and I will do a top up course to make it a Bsc, will I still get finance, right? As I will have to be registered as dental nurse for the top up course.
So even If I am doing CertHe dental nursing and I will do a top up course to make it a Bsc, will I still get finance, right? As I will have to be registered as dental nurse for the top up course.

That's right, yes - doing a top up is fine, even if you're registered already.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending