The Student Room Group

Why does my mom call be stupid?

I have really good grades, I even get to graduate highschool early but my mom calls me stupid, dumb, weird on a everday basis. Im not sure why she does this and i dont know how i can make her stop doing, and im almost 100% sure that talking to her wont help.
Original post by Anonymous
I have really good grades, I even get to graduate highschool early but my mom calls me stupid, dumb, weird on a everday basis. Im not sure why she does this and i dont know how i can make her stop doing, and im almost 100% sure that talking to her wont help.

Honey this is called a toxic relationship...Are you going to college?
Honey this is called a toxic relationship...Are you going to college?

Yeah i do plan to go to college after I graduate
Yeah i do plan to go to college after I graduate

Will you be able to get away from your mom since you are going to college?
If she’s not joking your moms a **** mom best thing you could do is get far away from her as well also try not to seek her validation or approval that’s the worst possible thing
I think the important thing here is for you to set your boundaries with your mom regarding the hurtful comments.
Let her know that her behavior is hurtful and unacceptable, and that you will not tolerate being spoken to in such a derogatory manner. Be firm but respectful in communicating your boundaries.
Will you be able to get away from your mom since you are going to college?

Thats my plan, i would like to move into a dorm over there to get away from her.
Thats my plan, i would like to move into a dorm over there to get away from her.

Ok good plan! I wish you the best!
Literally same I've been yelled at continuously by my mother with limitless derogatory terms for so long, I'm so sick and tired of it. Literally a woman with no knowledge of biology or chemistry looking at the markscheme and saying everything I do is a mistake that I did recklessly or deliberately, yelling at me about things I do that she does every day. Can't wait to get out of the house and off to uni where I can just be away from her. And yet she demands that I have to be "loyal" and "loving". Just f*** me.
Literally same I've been yelled at continuously by my mother with limitless derogatory terms for so long, I'm so sick and tired of it. Literally a woman with no knowledge of biology or chemistry looking at the markscheme and saying everything I do is a mistake that I did recklessly or deliberately, yelling at me about things I do that she does every day. Can't wait to get out of the house and off to uni where I can just be away from her. And yet she demands that I have to be "loyal" and "loving". Just f*** me.

This is exactly how I feel, shes always trying to say im wrong when im just trying to say a fun fact or something cool. I hope things go better for you in the future but for now we just have to hang on.
This is exactly how I feel, shes always trying to say im wrong when im just trying to say a fun fact or something cool. I hope things go better for you in the future but for now we just have to hang on.

Yeah exactly and she's apparently never wrong, if I try to make a correction then I'm arguing and then told I might as well get out of the house. Anyways I'm just ranting, we'll just try and hang in there (as best we can), and best of luck to you too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending