The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hiding our relationship?

Why would a guy never give a straight reply to if he's seeing someone or dating someone to 1 specific girl?

My new boyfriend (he was my ex boyfriends close friends and I met him through my ex) is unwilling to tell this one girl he wanted to hook up with (but she didn't hook up with him) that he is with me. She has asked him several times but he never gives a straightforward response and always evades it by telling her how he doesn't discuss his private life. However, he did mention this to his colleagues that he was seeing someone but will never tell her. She also offered to stop talking to him multiple times if he's not single but he does not agree to it.

She has feelings for him and he knows that. However, each time she tries to end their connection, he gets all worked up and refuses to stop talking. He even told her I will talk when I want, I want to say hi and chit chat even though she is unwilling as she is suspicious about us.

She asked him yet again yesterday and I overheard their conversation but he refused to tell her, got angry at the people who told her to stop talking to him as he's not single and said he will chit chat with her. He has also kept her number saved.

Why is he hiding this from her?

Scroll to see replies

Hard to tell. He may simply not be ready.
Reply 2
Original post by ABBAForever2015
Hard to tell. He may simply not be ready.

Not ready for what?
Reply 3
Hey guys
Reads as if he's trying not to upset her. What his motivation for that is, is anyone's guess.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Reads as if he's trying not to upset her. What his motivation for that is, is anyone's guess.

Not to upset her means? She wants to stop talking if he's with someone
Original post by ElleRen
Not to upset her means? She wants to stop talking if he's with someone

Presumably that's what he's trying to avoid.
Reply 7
Presumably that's what he's trying to avoid.

But he's my bf why is he trying to talk to a girl who told him she liked him?
Original post by ElleRen

A good question to ask him. As above:

What his motivation for that is, is anyone's guess.
Reply 9
A good question to ask him. As above:

He wont reply
Can you give your opinion?
Original post by ElleRen
He wont reply
Can you give your opinion?

The not replying bit is more important than my guesswork.
Not good.
Sounds like he's not serious about you.
Original post by ElleRen

because he's crap and disrespectful to you
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ElleRen
Why would a guy never give a straight reply to if he's seeing someone or dating someone to 1 specific girl?

My new boyfriend (he was my ex boyfriends close friends and I met him through my ex) is unwilling to tell this one girl he wanted to hook up with (but she didn't hook up with him) that he is with me. She has asked him several times but he never gives a straightforward response and always evades it by telling her how he doesn't discuss his private life. However, he did mention this to his colleagues that he was seeing someone but will never tell her. She also offered to stop talking to him multiple times if he's not single but he does not agree to it.

She has feelings for him and he knows that. However, each time she tries to end their connection, he gets all worked up and refuses to stop talking. He even told her I will talk when I want, I want to say hi and chit chat even though she is unwilling as she is suspicious about us.

She asked him yet again yesterday and I overheard their conversation but he refused to tell her, got angry at the people who told her to stop talking to him as he's not single and said he will chit chat with her. He has also kept her number saved.

Why is he hiding this from her?

Not like you'd leave him even if he treats you like utter trash
Reply 14
Original post by My names Jeff
Not like you'd leave him even if he treats you like utter trash

Original post by xox416
because he's crap and disrespectful to you

Original post by xox416
Not good.
Sounds like he's not serious about you.

But she has told him she wants a relationship not a hook up. She rejected hook up since 2021
Original post by ElleRen
But she has told him she wants a relationship not a hook up. She rejected hook up since 2021

And why do you think he's keeping her 'on hold'?
Reply 16
And why do you think he's keeping her 'on hold'?

I don't know. You tell me
Original post by ElleRen

this will sound harsh, but its because he has someone he can fall back on/get with when you 2 break up. it's really disrespectful to you that he even keeps her around while knowing about her feelings for him. dump him.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
this will sound harsh, but its because he has someone he can fall back on/get with when you 2 break up. it's really disrespectful to you that he even keeps her around while knowing about her feelings for him. dump him.

But he doesnt like her right?
Original post by ElleRen

Keeping her on the boil so he can have sex with her. Either after the current relationship blows up or during it if he gets the chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending