The Student Room Group

Contextual offer question

If my contextual offer is BBB however for my actual a levels i get BBC, will i still be accepted to that university if i have firmed it?
no
Impossible question to answer.

On many - not all - courses there will still be 'spaces' on Results Day and most Unis will use 'near miss' to fill these - but how many spaces (if any) and how they choose the near-miss is a total unknown. Its a gamble and only you can decide how risky you want to be. Just make sure that your Insurance is still a Uni you would want to go to.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Impossible question to answer.

On many - not all - courses there will still be 'spaces' on Results Day and most Unis will use 'near miss' to fill these - but how many spaces (if any) and how they choose the near-miss is a total unknown. Its a gamble and only you can decide how risky you want to be. Just make sure that your Insurance is still a Uni you would want to go to.

cool thank you for that, that makes more sense so it depends on spaces available.
Good Morning Sohail Z!

Many congrats on your university offers! Here at Bath we define a contextual offer as a slightly lower offer made to those who meet certain 'contextual criteria,' and like you have described usually means a drop in one grade compared to the standard offer. It is very difficult to advise whether your specific university will still accept you if you score a 'near miss' in your offer, as some universities are more competitive than others and so may be more or less likely to accept near misses. If you are concerned, I would recommend emailing your chosen university's undergraduate admissions team, as they will have a lot of experience of going through applications, making offers etc, and so will have a good idea of competitive each course is, and how likely it is that near misses will be accepted, and whether there are usually spaces left.

I really hope that helps - best of luck :smile:

Holly
University of Bath
Reply 5
Original post by University of Bath
Good Morning Sohail Z!

Many congrats on your university offers! Here at Bath we define a contextual offer as a slightly lower offer made to those who meet certain 'contextual criteria,' and like you have described usually means a drop in one grade compared to the standard offer. It is very difficult to advise whether your specific university will still accept you if you score a 'near miss' in your offer, as some universities are more competitive than others and so may be more or less likely to accept near misses. If you are concerned, I would recommend emailing your chosen university's undergraduate admissions team, as they will have a lot of experience of going through applications, making offers etc, and so will have a good idea of competitive each course is, and how likely it is that near misses will be accepted, and whether there are usually spaces left.

I really hope that helps - best of luck :smile:

Holly
University of Bath

Thank you i shall email them right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending