The Student Room Group

Student finance halved for 3rd year?

All the same details as before my mother is earning the same but for some reason I am only entitled to 4k compared to the 9.9k I was offer both years prior. Any insight would be appreciated.
Original post by Jacklsull
All the same details as before my mother is earning the same but for some reason I am only entitled to 4k compared to the 9.9k I was offer both years prior. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi Jack,

Did you request the application to be assessed using the household income this year? Did your mum provide her details?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Jack,

Did you request the application to be assessed using the household income this year? Did your mum provide her details?

Thanks,
Claire

Yes she provided her details the original problem was that my father was also on the application although he has never supported it I think I clicked on being in contact with him which I am I see him twice a month however he does not support me financially. I called up before and my mother was asked to provide a council tax letter however checking my funds it is more than half what I have received the last 2 years. I am calling them again now to try and resolve the problem
(edited 10 months ago)
Yes she provided her details the original problem was that my father was also on the application although he has never supported it I think I clicked on being in contact with him which I am I see him twice a month however he does not support me financially. I called up before and my mother was asked to provide a council tax letter however checking my funds it is more than half what I have received the last 2 years. I am calling them again now to try and resolve the problem

Hi Jack,

Were you able to get through to an advisor? If so, what were told?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Jack,

Were you able to get through to an advisor? If so, what were told?

Thanks, Graeme

Got through and apparently evidence is still being processed. And will be updated on the 30th they couldn’t tell me much other than that and to call back if it still seems wrong. The 4k is the maximum bracket for the evidence provided previously. However once this new evidence is processed it should jump up.
Got through and apparently evidence is still being processed. And will be updated on the 30th they couldn’t tell me much other than that and to call back if it still seems wrong. The 4k is the maximum bracket for the evidence provided previously. However once this new evidence is processed it should jump up.

That sounds right, yes - normally, once your evidence is processed and accepted you'll be awarded the correct Maintenance Loan.

Your account will update as soon as this has been done, so please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending