The Student Room Group

Advice please and SFE please read - social work - exception course

Evening,

I have used four years study previously but highest qualification is level 4.

I confirmed twice with student finance on the phone that ba social work is an exception course and I would also receive full tuition fees in addition to the maintenance loan as I don’t hold an equivalent or higher qualification. This was prior to applying. I have applied, interviewed and received a place. I have just started looking forward to starting.

I was informed today by another student finance agent I was misadvised twice and would only receive the maintenance loan but no tuition fee element.
Now I’m scuppered and have no study plans for next month. Thank god I didn’t choose to hand my notice in at work.

Could someone please clarify the rules please?
Original post by Train97
Evening,

I have used four years study previously but highest qualification is level 4.

I confirmed twice with student finance on the phone that ba social work is an exception course and I would also receive full tuition fees in addition to the maintenance loan as I don’t hold an equivalent or higher qualification. This was prior to applying. I have applied, interviewed and received a place. I have just started looking forward to starting.

I was informed today by another student finance agent I was misadvised twice and would only receive the maintenance loan but no tuition fee element.
Now I’m scuppered and have no study plans for next month. Thank god I didn’t choose to hand my notice in at work.

Could someone please clarify the rules please?

Hi there, Funding available for Social Work as a 2nd degree is Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants if required. No Tuition Fee funding is available. Sorry for any misguidance. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Funding available for Social Work as a 2nd degree is Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants if required. No Tuition Fee funding is available. Sorry for any misguidance. Thanks, Angela

Good morning Angela,

Just to confirm. I Do NOT hold a degree. My highest qualification is HE certificate/level 4. Can you please confirm if this is still applicable. Thank you.
Original post by Train97
Good morning Angela,

Just to confirm. I Do NOT hold a degree. My highest qualification is HE certificate/level 4. Can you please confirm if this is still applicable. Thank you.

Hi there, Apologies, the previous study that you have already had is counted when assessing you for funding, this is why no Tuition Fee is awarded as previous study is calculated when assessing the application. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Apologies, the previous study that you have already had is counted when assessing you for funding, this is why no Tuition Fee is awarded as previous study is calculated when assessing the application. Thanks, Angela

Thanks, Angela.

Could you please confirm if occupational therapy as a *part time course* (75% intensity) is considered an exception course including tuition fees? Thanks
Original post by Train97
Thanks, Angela.

Could you please confirm if occupational therapy as a *part time course* (75% intensity) is considered an exception course including tuition fees? Thanks

Hi there,

Can you confirm the university you would be studying this with and when it would be starting? How long is the course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm the university you would be studying this with and when it would be starting? How long is the course?

Thanks,
Claire

University east London 4 years
Original post by Train97
University east London 4 years

This course doesn't show part time on the database only full time.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
This course doesn't show part time on the database only full time.

Thanks,
Claire

Apologies, London south bank.
Original post by Train97
Apologies, London south bank.

Hi there, Yes, there is a part time Occupational Therapy course showing as an exception course at London South Bank University. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending