The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan eligibility with previous study

Hi there,

I just had a question regarding Maintenance Loan entitlement.

I'm transferring courses after a pretty disastrous year at university mental health wise, and I've applied for Compelling Personal Reasons; I need to make some plans regarding my funding on the off chance my application for CPR isn't approved.

Am I right in thinking even if I'm not eligible for my tuition fee loan due to previous study, I'm still entitled to claim a Maintenance Loan? From what I've read this seems to be the case, but just wanted to get a confirmation.

Thanks
Original post by DavidKV
Hi there,

I just had a question regarding Maintenance Loan entitlement.

I'm transferring courses after a pretty disastrous year at university mental health wise, and I've applied for Compelling Personal Reasons; I need to make some plans regarding my funding on the off chance my application for CPR isn't approved.

Am I right in thinking even if I'm not eligible for my tuition fee loan due to previous study, I'm still entitled to claim a Maintenance Loan? From what I've read this seems to be the case, but just wanted to get a confirmation.

Thanks

Hi there, Yes, you will be eligible for the Maintenance Loan funding. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending