The Student Room Group

Can I get sfe funding for MSc Speech and Language Therapy if I already have an MA?

I am applying for MSc Speech and Language Therapy starting 2024 and want to know if I would be able to get funding to cover the cost of the tuition fees? I have previously studied for a BA and an MA but want to retrain and work in healthcare and want to know if this is something that would come under an exception course?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by autmarty
I am applying for MSc Speech and Language Therapy starting 2024 and want to know if I would be able to get funding to cover the cost of the tuition fees? I have previously studied for a BA and an MA but want to retrain and work in healthcare and want to know if this is something that would come under an exception course?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

What is the name of the university you're looking to study and would this be full time? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

What is the name of the university you're looking to study and would this be full time? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason

It would be full time study at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Hi Jason

It would be full time study at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Thank you. This would be an exception course. You would apply on an undergraduate application as these courses attract undergraduate funding. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. This would be an exception course. You would apply on an undergraduate application as these courses attract undergraduate funding. Thanks, Jason

Amazing, thanks Jason! So I will apply for undergraduate loan on my sfe application even though it is a postgraduate degree? Does that mean I can also apply for a maintenance loan?
(edited 6 months ago)
Amazing, thanks Jason! So I will apply for undergraduate loan on my sfe application even though it is a postgraduate degree? Does that mean I can also apply for a maintenance loan?

That's correct. You'd be able to apply for both the fees and the maintenance loan (and any grants/DSA if applicable). Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending