The Student Room Group

Tuition loan

I changed university because I was in a bad mental state in a new place, without friends and family, and it was difficult for me to live in a new place, study and work there. The university informed me that I had failed one module and I had to finish my studies. I returned to Coventry and started my favorite biomedical course here. However, I had to complete foundation year. I have good grades and I received an unconditional offer and I was supposed to start the first year of studies in January. However, SFE did not grant me a tuition loan, I received support for the 2nd and 3rd year but not the first. Do I have any chance of starting studies to receive a tuition loan?
Original post by Nuna4476
I changed university because I was in a bad mental state in a new place, without friends and family, and it was difficult for me to live in a new place, study and work there. The university informed me that I had failed one module and I had to finish my studies. I returned to Coventry and started my favorite biomedical course here. However, I had to complete foundation year. I have good grades and I received an unconditional offer and I was supposed to start the first year of studies in January. However, SFE did not grant me a tuition loan, I received support for the 2nd and 3rd year but not the first. Do I have any chance of starting studies to receive a tuition loan?

Hi there,

If you could not complete your course year due to a compelling personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded from your Online Account.
We can accept photocopies of the following;
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from HEP on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate
Where applicable, we recommend evidence;
-Is signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply