The Student Room Group

Student Finance help - NHS degree

I’ve just had notification that SFE won’t pay my tuition fee for my second year, due to start in Feb.

I have previously attempted university twice, over 20 years ago! The first time I completed a year, the second time I did 6 months.

I was granted tuition fee funding for the first year of this degree and nothing was said about not being eligible for subsequent years. Is there anything I can do to have this decision reversed? This is an NHS degree (Midwifery). Do I assume that my 3rd year won’t be paid too?

I’m not going to be able to continue without it 😩

Thanks
Original post by Simps00
I’ve just had notification that SFE won’t pay my tuition fee for my second year, due to start in Feb.

I have previously attempted university twice, over 20 years ago! The first time I completed a year, the second time I did 6 months.

I was granted tuition fee funding for the first year of this degree and nothing was said about not being eligible for subsequent years. Is there anything I can do to have this decision reversed? This is an NHS degree (Midwifery). Do I assume that my 3rd year won’t be paid too?

I’m not going to be able to continue without it 😩

Thanks

HI there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you attend and the duration of the course? I think there may be a mistake as your course may be classed as an exception course.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
It’s University of Worcester, 3 year BSc (hons) Midwifery.
Thank you.
Original post by Simps00
It’s University of Worcester, 3 year BSc (hons) Midwifery.
Thank you.

Hi there,

This should be an exception course which means we should not take your previous funding into consideration. I would advise you to contact us so we can get this looked into and reviewed for you. To access our live chat service select undergraduate and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Thank you, I have called and they said it’ll take 5 working days to look in to. If I go via the live chat am I likely to get an answer sooner? As 5 days seems an eternity at this point.
Original post by Simps00
Thank you, I have called and they said it’ll take 5 working days to look in to. If I go via the live chat am I likely to get an answer sooner? As 5 days seems an eternity at this point.

Hi there,

If they have sent a referral to have it reviewed it can take up to 5 working days. If it has already been raised via telephone then there would be no point in contacting the live chat option as the referral has already been sent.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Ok, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Original post by Simps00
Ok, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Hi there,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending