The Student Room Group

Funding for a second degree

Hi, I am about to graduate from biomedical science degree and would like to follow this with a radiography degree. Would i be eligible for the full student load for fees and maintenance loan? I have received 4 years for the biomedical science degree as it had a foundation year. In the past I used 1 year of funding a then didnt complete the degree but this was over 20 years ago.
Hi there. Would you be able to confirm the full name of the new course, full-time or part-time, the university, when you are planning to study and how long the course is? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Would you be able to confirm the full name of the new course, full-time or part-time, the university, when you are planning to study and how long the course is? Thanks, Leah.

B821 Diagnostic Radiography City university (Full time)
Original post by cathell
B821 Diagnostic Radiography City university (Full time)

Is this Birmingham City university? How many years is the course?

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Is this Birmingham City university? How many years is the course?

Thanks, Leah.

Hi, no City University London. 3 year course
Original post by cathell
Hi, no City University London. 3 year course

Hi there. Yes, this is an exception course and not subject to previous study rules, so you would be able to apply for full funding. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Thanks. Does this apply to any AHP course ? Or does it depend on the university providing it? Also does it affect eligibility for a masters /PHD loan in the future ?
Hi there. Yes, AHP courses are exempt from previous study rules. We check the university and course details to make sure it is one we fund.

This course is a Batchelors Degree with honour's, so it wouldn't affect you applying for a postgraduate loan in the future as it is not an equivalent level qualification.

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending