The Student Room Group

Sick note/ maintenance loan/ one month gap in employment

Hello
I got approved maintenance loan, I got payment in October then I was asked to provide payslips for Sep-October to still get payment in January, I provided payslips for September but In October I was in hospital because of mental health problems and I had sick -note for 3 weeks. I did not get any payment during that time, then in November I came back to work and still working till now. Because of that gap in October my payment in January was cancelled but I did not tell student finance about hospital and sick note for that period because I was ashamed for a reasons why I was in hospital. If I would tell them about that and provide sick note for October, would that help?
Original post by Ulinek
Hello
I got approved maintenance loan, I got payment in October then I was asked to provide payslips for Sep-October to still get payment in January, I provided payslips for September but In October I was in hospital because of mental health problems and I had sick -note for 3 weeks. I did not get any payment during that time, then in November I came back to work and still working till now. Because of that gap in October my payment in January was cancelled but I did not tell student finance about hospital and sick note for that period because I was ashamed for a reasons why I was in hospital. If I would tell them about that and provide sick note for October, would that help?

Hi there,
I am very sorry to hear about the situation you were in and hope you are doing okay now. If you do have sick notes please send that over so the Migrant Worker can reassess the funding for you. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending