The Student Room Group

TSR Decisions Drop In 2024 - open any time - help choosing university offers

Scroll to see replies

Hello folks,

Just letting you know that our first focus session for application and offer confirmation advice will be on 4th April in the late afternoon, keep it in your calendars :woo:

MR

users

Original post by 04MR17

TSR Decisions Drop In 2024

During this period, many university applicants have received or will be receiving your final offers from the institutions you applied to. If you haven't yet, don't worry. For the majority of applicants, universities have until 16th May to get their decisions back to you.*
This leaves the tricky decisions or which universities to firm, insure and decline. A lot of people aren't sure when making this step, and :tsr: is here to help. :biggrin:
Our UCAS-trained advisors support applicants in their decision making and have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer for free. Look out for the users with the red "Clearing and Applications Advisors" titles, as well as any Forum Helpers or Volunteer Team members too. The Student Room is the place to come for impartial advice about the future. :yep:
This year, for the first time, we will also be running focused advice sessions in April. If you post in this thread during those specific times, you are guaranteed to get fast responses as our advisors will be logged in ready to support. To sign up for those focused sessions please post below with "I'm in". :smile: Of course, you are welcome to ask questions here at other times too, and you can also create your own discussion here in our UCAS applications forum to receive tailored advice to your particular situation. :yy:
*Depending on when you applied, later deadlines for each stage of the application process may apply. Check UCAS website or post in this thread if you are unsure.

I’m in
Reply 22
Original post by 04MR17
Hello folks,
Just letting you know that our first focus session for application and offer confirmation advice will be on 4th April in the late afternoon, keep it in your calendars :woo:
MR

users

I'm IN!
Hi everyone! :tongue:

Just a gentle reminder that the first drop-in Q&A will be taking place this Thursday, 4 April from 4.30 pm to - 6.30 pm where you will be guaranteed a response from one of our Clearing and Applications Advisors :eek:

You're still welcome to post your queries in at any time, and someone will get back to you if you're unable to make it! :smile:

Can't wait to see you there!

users

I'm in!
Reply 25
I am in
i'm in
Good afternoon :ahee:

Only 4 more hours until our first Decisions Drop-In Q&A Session commences! Join us from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm to get REAL TIME free advice on your university decisions from our Clearing and Applications Advisors :closedeyes:

As always, you're welcome to drop your questions below at any time and someone will get back to you, otherwise, we look forward to speaking with you at 4.30 pm! :burnout:

ps. If you're unable to make this one, we will run another session on the 11th of April at 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm

users

I'm torn between my offers, what would you recommend in terms of weighing up things like course content, entry requirments or student life in your experiences? What was more important to you?
Aaaaaand here we go
Original post by TulipStars
I'm torn between my offers, what would you recommend in terms of weighing up things like course content, entry requirments or student life in your experiences? What was more important to you?

What course are you hoping to study?
Hi, I'm currently stuck between medicine at leeds or leicester. Having done so much research I feel like I've hardly gotten anywhere ahaha. I'm leaning towards Leeds and always have been just because the city seems more interesting, but what keeps holding me back from firming them is that aspects of Leicester's course seem so good. Do you think I should just go with my gut and firm Leeds, I really want to make a decision soon as obvs need to apply for accom soon. Thanks!
Original post by a.aleesha
Hi, I'm currently stuck between medicine at leeds or leicester. Having done so much research I feel like I've hardly gotten anywhere ahaha. I'm leaning towards Leeds and always have been just because the city seems more interesting, but what keeps holding me back from firming them is that aspects of Leicester's course seem so good. Do you think I should just go with my gut and firm Leeds, I really want to make a decision soon as obvs need to apply for accom soon. Thanks!

Doing a pros and cons list is always a good idea. If you've done the research, and can't find a compelling reason to choose one over the other, then going with your gut feeling is a perfectly reasonable approach. No course or uni will ever tick each and every box.

think going with the gut or instinct is usually the best approach given you have two equally good equally valid options, Aleesha.
either would be great, but the importance of which city you are in for a minimum of 5 ( possibly 6 or more) years
should not be underestimated!
Original post by DataVenia
Doing a pros and cons list is always a good idea. If you've done the research, and can't find a compelling reason to choose one over the other, then going with your gut feeling is a perfectly reasonable approach. No course or uni will ever tick each and every box.

wrote my reply before seeing yours and have just given you rep as see two great minds ( ha ha!) thought alike 😊

I usually tell people to stick with the course you want to do most, but I usually make an exception for medicine as most courses are so similar due to the standardisation. Out of curiosity for me - what is it in the Leicester course that really appeals to you?
Original post by 04MR17
What course are you hoping to study?

I'm stuck between Advertising and Marketing BA Hons at Lancaster, business and digital marketing at Falmouth (its quite far from where I live but I liked the vibe of the ctown) or a more practical course like photography
Original post by TulipStars
I'm stuck between Advertising and Marketing BA Hons at Lancaster, business and digital marketing at Falmouth (its quite far from where I live but I liked the vibe of the ctown) or a more practical course like photography

Okay, you mentioned entry requirements earlier - are these something you're worried about not meeting?
How different are the entry reqs on the offers you have?
Original post by MedMama
wrote my reply before seeing yours and have just given you rep as see two great minds ( ha ha!) thought alike 😊

hahah thank you so much both of you tho! the pros and cons list ended up pretty neck to neck, i think it really is just because they're very similar and both seem like amazing places. i think whichever i choose i will hopefully be happy but i have this worry about 'making the right choice' because i dont think i made the right choice with my secondary school ahah so it terrifies me that i'll be unhappy for another 5-6 yrs like you said
Original post by MedMama

No worries. I was replying whilst on the tube, so having to wait for a station to get a signal was slightly "interesting" in terms of timing. :smile: (Rep returned.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending