The Student Room Group

How to meet and get confident around guys?

anon or delete
ok so I know this sounds pathetic but everyone I know right now seems to be in a relationship whilst I have nobody. I really want to meet some new guys (I am a girl) outside of school, but how could I do this? I would prefer to meet out of school as I have a somewhat geeky reputation in school. Also, how so I then become confident around them?
I'm 16 so nightclubs etc are almost out of the question (though I could try and slip into some :p: )
thanks in advance
Hmmmmm........if the only reason you want a relationship is because all your friends are in them then you shouldnt. Just relax and be yourself. Your time will come
I would say its best not to go out their hunting for a relationship as these things tend to happen when you are looking for it the least.
Get involved with things outside of school, perhaps join a drama group or a sports group to boost your confidence.

Practice makes perfect, and once you are comfortable around a few different guys you will feel relaxed.
Just be yourself too, it will make things much less awkward.
tbh...you'll meet someone when you least expect it, have fun with your friends- get out shopping, men at bus stops..clubs..whatever. Enjoy and learn to love yourself and someone will come along
Reply 4
it's not just because my friends are in relationships - I just really want one... selfish though it may seem
Reply 5
mollymustard
I would say its best not to go out their hunting for a relationship as these things tend to happen when you are looking for it the least.
Get involved with things outside of school, perhaps join a drama group or a sports group to boost your confidence.

Practice makes perfect, and once you are comfortable around a few different guys you will feel relaxed.
Just be yourself too, it will make things much less awkward.

Will happen when the time is right.... :smile:
x
Well....only thing I can recommend is online, which is how I found my last (and only) girlfriend, and it was great for 5 months! And now I feel like you :/

*sympathy hugs*
Reply 7
At least you don't have to do the chasing, they'll come to you I guess which is why the 'your time will come' only really refers to girls.
Reply 8
Friend's boyfriends friends!
Reply 9
Davezk
At least you don't have to do the chasing, they'll come to you I guess which is why the 'your time will come' only really refers to girls.

Surely it's fun chasing girls though, well when there's a good chase and you get the girl in the end? A good chase is always fun! :rolleyes:
Reply 10
StotheL
Surely it's fun chasing girls though, well when there's a good chase and you get the girl in the end? A good chase is always fun! :rolleyes:

I'm not going to do all the chasing, the girl should put a bit of effort in too.

Besides, on what grounds are you saying all this?
You seem to seek for a partner because everyone else is. Although, if what you say is genuine, all you can do is get out there and talk to them. Practice makes perfect regardless of your 'reputation' but also try talking to new people as friends which will boost that confidence and then start to talk to people. Places of any social meeting place will be suitable enough.

Good luck and kind regards,
Fox

Latest

Trending

Trending