The Student Room Group

first date.. ever..

right.. let's jump right into it..

tomorrow i've suppose to be meeting up with a guy for a drink after work.. i barely know anything about him and i know i know that's what first dates are all about but it's shocking how little i know of him.. so much so i'm simply guessing that he's my mates football coach.. :s-smilie: let me just clarify that this is an educated guess and not plucking ideas out of the air..

we've been texting quite a bit and he seems nice enough if slightly forward.. i've yet to speak to him on the phone which is a little odd i admit..

for my pervious exprience of guys has lead been to have my guard up constantly.. they like to try it on when i know they're in a relationship and i truely only wanted to be friends and in the past their texts too have been a little.. forward.. to say the least.. i over anaylise at the best of times but the odd comment or remakr in his texts leaves me wondering what he's after.. is it just a drink and a chat or is he looking and expecting more ? i'm failing to think of a subtle way of finding this out.. other than when i meet him..

i'm a mess at the thought of it to be honest.. truely terrified.. maybe because at the moment i haven't any feeling for a him as such.. partly
beacuse i've never been out on a proper date.. possibly because i feel bad for agreeing to it when i don't know him and sorta have feeling for someone else.. :confused: most likely a combination of all three..

i'm panicking at the thought of it.. i have a feeling i'll back out tomorrow..

just curious to know what others would make of this.. should i give it a go ? how should i calm my nerves and so i don't look like i'm about to breakdown.. how do i tactfulling find out what his intentions are.. if any.. i'm not after stupid replies so please don't waste for time writing them..

ta ever so much peoples !)
Reply 1
You should go on the date for sure, regardless of "sorta" having a feeling for someone else. You may come to be interested from what you learn on your first date! :biggrin:

To calm your nerves, well on my first date I saw my best mate before it. Calmed my nerves a lot, reassured me and despite being inexperienced himself gave me some tips and generally just made the whole experience I was about to get myself into more like any other normal thing.
Reply 2
settle down love, your going for a drink with him, its nothing big.

go, meet him, have a chat, enjoy yourself, watch what you drink, go home if you dont want more.
Reply 3
Decide what you want and don't want. Make sure you drop that into conversation early on, then relax and enjoy yourself. As long as you don't lead him on it should be fine.
Reply 4
just remeber that you talked abou him on the internet, that will help your nerves

Latest

Trending

Trending