The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Try talking deeply about whats upsetting her and help her through it.
Reply 21
Thanks guys. I have tried speaking to her and she admitted a few things to me which I hadn't realised previously, such as having an eating disorder...

She did admit to being naturally moody though as because aside from that she says she has nothing to complain about and promised to try being more upbeat. She reckons she gets it off her mum, who is never satisfied with anything.
Reply 22
Anonymous
Anon as I could actually be the person you're talking about from what you wrote :p:
But seriously, if she's being pessimistic a lot of the time, there's a reason for it. My parents outwardly shower me with 'affection' but in reality it's nothing but cold money. They fight the whole time, I can't talk to them, there's constant conflict at home, my grandfather is ill, I had a lot of problems at school before I left and felt thoroughly miserable for a good long time, yet because outwardly I didn't have any obvious problems (live in a nice area, big house, had everything materially that I wanted etc etc) everyone assumed that I was just being ridiculous. Give your friend some support!

Anonymous
You could genuinely be me! And I could equally be the person you are talking about OP. There could be stuff going on for her that she isn't telling you or even admitting to herself! I know it can be annoying and frustrating but let her tell you in her own time.

Anonymous
I am pretty much the friend you just described. If she's anything like me: something is more wrong than you realise, and the appearance of her "great" life means absolutely nothing. Talk to her about it. Don't just write it off as her being "moody."

Wow, this is like a competition!

No! I am the friend the OP is talking about!

:awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHho1IxcjbE
Moody is the mood for love

No on a serious not maybe there is a problem I think you should comfront her on this.
Because there is no spell that can make her happy you got to tell her!
Reply 24
Maybe she can't help being negative? You know, it's easier just to help someone, or get them to talk instead of being pissed at them. Just because things look great from the outside, it doesn't mean they are. Never judge a book by it's cover.
Craig_D
No! I am the friend the OP is talking about!

Me too! :awesome:

I actually have a friend like this too, she goes through ups and downs for no apparent reason, and when she's down, every minor thing seems like a huge problem to her. You can point out every possible solution, and she'll give a reason to reject them all.
With your friend, it could be depression though. Especially since you mentioned an eating disorder, as the 2 often go hand in hand. It's nice that you can talk to her about it though :smile:
Reply 26
So? Seriously shut up and stop being so selfish. You have no idea what she might be experiencing so stop thinking about yourself and if it really bothers you then stay away from her.

Latest

Trending

Trending