The Student Room Group

Attracted to Older Men

Scroll to see replies

Most girls prefer older men.
Original post by pearls_and_lace
ditto :eek: james may!! (tho i do have a soft spot for morrissey but thats only because i love his music :redface:)

Morrissey does absolutely nothing for me; looks wise, I just don't find him very appealing. Perhaps it's due to the fact that he certainly is slightly old and wrinkly. :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by Linzikins
Same thing. The age of consent is 16. Anyone below that age is a child and it is illegal for an adult to have sex with a child. .

It's not the same thing. Age of consent is a legal line in the sand. It varies by country. So, if someone has sex with a girl who is 15 years and 364 days does that make that person a paedophile? NO. But, according to the law they engaged in an illegal activity.

Paedophilia is a medical term. It describes a psychological illness. It has no legal basis. A paedophile is purely who is attracted to a prepubescent child. It is a biological definition of child, not the societal definition of child. As per that definition, a man who is attracted to a 15 year old is not a paedophile, but if he has sex with her then he is a criminal and has broken the law.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by WildBerrySpirit

Original post by WildBerrySpirit
Morrissey does absolutely nothing for me; looks wise, I just don't find him very appealing. Perhaps it's due to the fact that he certainly is slightly old and wrinkly. :biggrin:

I meant creatively! Not physically, oh no :frown: lol being attracted to someone who can make those songs and sing those lyrics :smile: I'm just a little infatuated with the smiths.
Original post by DeputyDog
Well I'm 17 and currently dating my driving instructor, who is 46. You can meet older men anywhere, just need the confidence to start a conversation and let them know how you feel....good luck!

thanks for making me spill my drink......17 t0 46....he is a dirty old man...
Original post by pearls_and_lace
I meant creatively! Not physically, oh no :frown: lol being attracted to someone who can make those songs and sing those lyrics :smile: I'm just a little infatuated with the smiths.

Ohh sorry, I totally misinterpreted your previous post!:redface:

But, sure I can definitely understand the attractiveness when it comes to a talented individual.
I think it is more normal to like older men, than it is to like younger ones. Most young women like older men and older men often like younger women so it works... but not so often the other way round. I have always liked much older men. Meeting them isnt always easy though, except through family but that tends to end badly lol

Not sure I would ever trust anyone enough to get married though. The amount of times married men have hit on me doesn't give me much confidence.
Reply 47
Original post by Miss_Scarlet
Not sure I would ever trust anyone enough to get married though. The amount of times married men have hit on me doesn't give me much confidence.

I am starting to question the whole concept of long term monogamy. Are we really meant to spend 30 or 40 years or more with the same person? I think marriage is just a social construct. Is it possible to meet somebody that you want to share the rest of your life with? Yes, there are many couples who stay in love. But, marriage makes it mandatory and I don't think human beings are designed as such.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending