The Student Room Group

Need advice - Gay/Bi Asian Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vozhak
Ask yourself are you Muslim because you want to be and you believe in Islam or are you "Muslim" because you were raised that way. The fact that you are not aware of the teachings of Islam on gayness (The Qur'an and the Hadeeths) means that you don't follow your religion closely and you are for the while confused and in the liminal stage of reconciling what you know and feel with what you have been thought.

As a GAY - "HINDU"- LAST SON- INDIAN ETHNICITY- FROM THIRD WORLD HOMOPHOBIC TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, with all the brown family expectations riding on me - wait until you go to uni. You will feel much freer and more comfortable there.

Next do not come out to your friends, no way no how, they sound like a set of douche bags, interestingly I am in Toronto studying right now and many of my Muslim friends from Iran, Lebanon, Iraq, Pakistan, India, Jordan and Saudi who were born there are gay and have come to reconcile both religion and their sexuality so there is a lot of hope and there is a way if you so wish to keep the two.

Next you are probably gay, being gay does not equal blindness, gay men regard girls as hot all the time, we dance with them, balh balh on the odd case of being totally out of it we may even sleep wid one but that does not change the fact we are gay.

There is a lot of hope guy, don't worry over the angst, please don't kill yourself and remember your parents cannot control you forever when you become an adult and have your own money you can do as you please.

I'll be honest I was going to argue with you on your first paragraph, becasue I've come from a really religious background (not Muslim but Catholic) and it was always drilled in to me and my sister that being gay was wrong, it was a sin and it was bad e.t.c. but then when you look at the times these holy books were written it was a shock and a scandel but now its much more tolerated e.t.c. for example there is a famous gay rabbi called Lionel Blue and he's very well respected.

But your post is some of the best advice I've ever heard and especially the last paragraph :smile:

OP at the end of the day, you can't help who you are its just the way you're made, don't hide away from who you are you'll just end up hating yourself for it.
Original post by 000015080
Dont you see he is being tested by allah, allah has everything planned for us all. Allah has given him two paths; the wright and the, wrong and which one he chooses is his free will. But asking Allah for 4gveness will increase his imaan and allah will give him the power to fight this situation and inshallah come out victorious!! If you are ever in need of support from Allah just pray and make dua.

I beg to differ. But I respect your faith. As long as it's not imposed on others, that is. As long as it doesn't make a poor guy guilty for being homosexual.

Because being homosexual is NOT a sin, right? Is it? No, it is not. I'm sure you agree with me.
Why the hell do you want to stay in a religion that persecutes you for being who you are?!
Reply 23
Original post by TheSocialScientist
I beg to differ. But I respect your faith. As long as it's not imposed on others, that is. As long as it doesn't make a poor guy guilty for being homosexual.

Because being homosexual is NOT a sin, right? Is it? No, it is not. I'm sure you agree with me.

For me personally it is a sin. My religion comes before anything else for me. but noone is a perfect Muslim we all make mistakes which we will eventually realise we should not have done. And basically the OP is making a mistake. Hopefully if he prays it will clear his mind and make him realise what he is doing is wrong.
but yeah, if you do want to talk about it then PM me. I don't even come on this site that much or not well known so if you do want to talk about it then feel free without being judged by TSR haha
For me personally it is a sin. My religion comes before anything else for me. but noone is a perfect Muslim we all make mistakes which we will eventually realise we should not have done. And basically the OP is making a mistake. Hopefully if he prays it will clear his mind and make him realise what he is doing is wrong.

Your opinion, I respect it but I utterly disagree with it. Most whole-heartedly too.
Reply 26
Your opinion, I respect it but I utterly disagree with it. Most whole-heartedly too.

Its ok i can understand. But for Muslims what Allah wants us to do is what we will do. Just making intention of praying will make the OP feel so much better. We ar nothing compared to the mercifulnesss of Allah.
Its ok i can understand. But for Muslims what Allah wants us to do is what we will do. Just making intention of praying will make the OP feel so much better. We ar nothing compared to the mercifulnesss of Allah.

Yes, but I'm afraid this just won't be enough for the OP.
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous

This is what you plan for. It would be far better if you tell them you are going on a holiday to a muslim country but not your own ethnic country. (obviously you don't have to go there, you dont even need to go abroad.) You'd rather disappear than be having your parents know ur gay. Eastenders - Christian & Syed is a really good example.

Obviously you will want to go back home when you do after a cupl of months you could if you want say u got married but make sure you know the language for example learn arabic (obviously a Muslim is meant to learn this language at a young age...

Nd by the way committing suicide is the worst sin a Muslim can do!:eek::angry:

I don't get it. :s-smilie:

What exactly are you trying to say? :curious:
Reply 29
Dont you see he is being tested by allah, allah has everything planned for us all. Allah has given him two paths; the wright and the, wrong and which one he chooses is his free will. But asking Allah for 4gveness will increase his imaan and allah will give him the power to fight this situation and inshallah come out victorious!! If you are ever in need of support from Allah just pray and make dua.

Bravo. What an excellent solution you've proposed there. :congrats:

You're basically saying this what this guy said.

Original post by fist of the south star
Pray the gay away.
:rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by lonely14
Bravo. What an excellent solution you've proposed there. :congrats:

You're basically saying this what this guy said.

:rolleyes:

And anything wrong with that.... :s-smilie:
Reply 31
Yes, but I'm afraid this just won't be enough for the OP.

It will but you wont understand cas u aint Muslim!
It will but you wont understand cas u aint Muslim!

Sorry but you cannot say that it will. You're not him. This guy has got one hell of a problem.
Reply 33
Sorry but you cannot say that it will. You're not him. This guy has got one hell of a problem.

I can stay it will, because i have faith in the Almighty's power:smile:
Reply 34
I am also a muslim and yeah i know exactly how it feels to be tempted towards evil, Your iman won't always be strong some days you'll have strong faith other days it'll be very weak. You have to stick by your religion, if you truly believe in islam then i believe that you'll feel the guilt sooner or later. Read the Quran and ask Allah for guidance. Hope you get through your difficulties.
Well you're religion and sexuality are contradictory. To get through, you'll have to abandon one of them.
I can stay it will, because i have faith in the Almighty's power:smile:

You have faith in Allah and good for you if it makes you happy. As for him, don't know really. He must choose what makes him happy though.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Well you're religion and sexuality are contradictory. To get through, you'll have to abandon one of them.

SEXUALITY. SEXUALITY. SEXUALITY. SEX. SEX. SEX. Religion? Nah. SEX. SEX. SEX.
Reply 38
You have faith in Allah and good for you if it makes you happy. As for him, don't know really. He must choose what makes him happy though.

Yep totally agree hope Allah gives him the strength to deal with this.
Reply 39
Allah puts you through it and Allah will see you through it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending