The Student Room Group

The Ugly Friend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Converse
Shall I take your lack of reply to me as a win on my part?
You can't even admit loss. Pathetic.

How ANNOYING are you ? :eek:
You didn't 'win' anything because your argument is invalid. I didn't reply in hopes you'd read the other posts and understand then go away.
We have different opinions on this, clearly and you tried to say I have learning difficulties simply because you didn't agree with me...... :mad:
Go. Away. Converse.
Original post by Onge
lol and you'd think they know! Ahhhh indeed!

The thing is they DON'T know. A boy could have a girlfriend who looks like Sarah Jessica Parker ( no offence to her ) who whenever he looks at her he see's Angelina Jolie.

I have a friend like this, his friends can't 'see' what he see's in his girlfriend but his smitten. It's quite sweet. :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
The thing is they DON'T know. A boy could have a girlfriend who looks like Sarah Jessica Parker ( no offence to her ) who whenever he looks at her he see's Angelina Jolie.

I have a friend like this, his friends can't 'see' what he see's in his girlfriend but his smitten. It's quite sweet. :smile:

okay but then the guy himself must be kinda ugly? Because i could never loose sight of some ones looks. I understand that ugly people go for each other and thats fine, but a hot girl with an ugly guy and other way around, i just dont see it. hmm must be just me then? ha
How ANNOYING are you ? :eek:
You didn't 'win' anything because your argument is invalid. I didn't reply in hopes you'd read the other posts and understand then go away.
We have different opinions on this, clearly and you tried to say I have learning difficulties simply because you didn't agree with me...... :mad:
Go. Away. Converse.

Yeah, but, you said I was wrong, and just now you said we have different opinions. Oxymoron much:rolleyes: And you ignored my main point simply because you knew I was right.
And I never said you had learning difficulties, I asked if you did, because your posts made no sense.:rolleyes::clap2::clap2:
We. Shall. Leave. It. At. That.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Converse
Yeah, but, you said I was wrong, and just now you said we have different opinions. Oxymoron much:rolleyes: And you ignored my main point simply because you knew I was right.
And I never said you had learning difficulties, I asked if you did, because your posts made no sense.:rolleyes::clap2::clap2:
We. Shall. Leave. It. At. That.

y u mad tho?
Reply 125
Caught a documentary about a guy whose face was mutiltated by an IED.. his girlfriend stuck with him through thick and thin and it was quite heart warming..

At the end it says they have now broken up.

Moral of the story.. well fact..

No matter how much people say 'its all about whats on the inside, beauty is more than skin' etc the human race is so pathetically shallow i find it quite irritating when people spout such self satisfying rubbish as the only reason they state such nonsense is to make themselves look like caring and sensitive people, when in reality (much like your average internet troll who makes a few harsh jokes and thinks people dying/being hurt is funny etc) will not pull through. I am generalising as some people are extremely dedicated and i admire that so much, but like depression for example, people will use it and its annoying as it makes it hard to tell who is real and who isn't.

The funny thing is though, most people who go out with the super sexy attractive people now, the majority will be left with some silly bimbo who got all the attention whose 'live fast die young party animal sex fiend' outlook wont be worth jack when she's buying crocks from garden centres, coats and sleeveless shirts from BHS and creased brown trousers from Marks and Sparks and wondering why you dont go out for dinner like you never used to because you cant hold a conversation for more than 30 minutes without talking about 'how comfy the chairs are' or reminiscing about 'that time you filmed yourself having sex' and other drivel that is solely a time waster to cover an few awkward minutes as you slowly realise you chose the wrong women falling into societies trap of 'attractive means good' leading you to end up spending all your days in William Hill or becoming the 'first in last out' character in your local to escape.

Got to sort it out for yourself and make sure you have found your 'soulmate' who you can relate to and bond with so many levels, more so than 'i like drinking, you like drinking, i like films, you like films, i have a penis, you have a vagina, shall we go out?'

Its hard to find an attractive women who is more than modest and hasn't let her looks get to her head.. i usually look for sins and experiences, if someone has a lot then they will be interesting regardless of looks, although saying that if she's ugly i wont do anything about it :biggrin:

What a pointless rant, no conclusion.. just a yeah.. we are shallow armchair activists who are drowning the decent caring people in various pools of self satisfying contradictions, covering the line with ego ejaculate.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm the ugly friend, even my boyfriend thinks so. To him my friends are 'hot' or 'sexy' or 'beautiful' whereas I look 'nice' -_- I'm used to it all by now!
Original post by skinny-minnie
I have friends with varying degrees of attractiveness but i wouldn't call them ugly. I've met very few actual ugly people, everyone has something nice about them, or at least some potential.

this
Reply 128
What kind of friend thinks you're ugly? There's some irony in this!

It doesn't really make much sense for a friend to ever legitimately think that, unless they're a douche, but perhaps it's just a gossip thing more than a personal judgement.
Reply 129
Darling, I think you could say you were not in society's view of what is most attractive however the fact that your so sweet and have such a positive attitude towards yourself and other's means you will never be 'ugly' and there will be that one guy you meet who will find you very beautiful.

:smile:

xoxo

thats such a sweet thing to say, thank you for being so nice :smile:
All of my friends are beautiful in their own way.

I don't label ANYONE ugly, friend or not, because everyone has their own opinion on what is beautiful.

What one person finds attractive, another won't, and what one person finds unattractive another may find attractive.
Reply 131
Yeah I was always the ugly friend throughout school. Think they kept me there for the lulz :ahee:
Reply 132
Original post by pocketfulofposy
All of my friends are beautiful in their own way.

I don't label ANYONE ugly, friend or not, because everyone has their own opinion on what is beautiful.

What one person finds attractive, another won't, and what one person finds unattractive another may find attractive.

This too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending