The Student Room Group

I feel so angry all the time.

The smallest things have begun to annoy me. Things which don't bother most people really irritate me and I'm finding it difficult to control my anger. I don't always know why I'm angry either, I just suddenly get really blue and upset. I don't ever say anything to make people know I'm in a bad mood, but they can usually tell by my body language and the expression on my face.
Original post by Anonymous
The smallest things have begun to annoy me. Things which don't bother most people really irritate me and I'm finding it difficult to control my anger. I don't always know why I'm angry either, I just suddenly get really blue and upset. I don't ever say anything to make people know I'm in a bad mood, but they can usually tell by my body language and the expression on my face.

I get like that a lot. Just take some deep breaths and remind yourself that you KNOW most of the stuff you're angry with is irrational, and concentrate on things that make you happy. And don't close off from people, let your friends know how you feel
Reply 2
Punch yourself in the face. Best anger management treatment out there. Give it a try, it won't hurt, promise!
Find yourself a mantra: soothing words you repeat in your head while taking deep breaths until the anger subsides. It works really well. Or you can countdown from 10 to 1, think "Stop!" then picture a pleasant image.
(edited 13 years ago)

I've been getting this sometimes in the past couple of years. I would be happy and bubbly one minute, and the next be in an absolutely thunderous mood...kicking chairs, swearing, refusing to speak to people. Sometimes I wouldn't even know that I was angry until someone pointed it out :s-smilie:

It was really unnerving at first, but it gets easier to deal with :smile: Everyone has there ups and downs and sometimes certain situations and certain people can amplify the feeling beyond anything that you feel that you can control. For me it was being 'trapped' (as I saw it) within a very tight friend group at school and not being able to do my own thing. which would lead to me occasionally losing it in public and alienating people for a while until I had calmed down.

I've found that a change of air really improves things. Since I've been at uni I've been a lot more stable emotionally and feel that everything is looking better.

Hopefully it all works out for you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I've been getting this sometimes in the past couple of years. I would be happy and bubbly one minute, and the next be in an absolutely thunderous mood...kicking chairs, swearing, refusing to speak to people. Sometimes I wouldn't even know that I was angry until someone pointed it out :s-smilie:

It was really unnerving at first, but it gets easier to deal with :smile: Everyone has there ups and downs and sometimes certain situations and certain people can amplify the feeling beyond anything that you feel that you can control. For me it was being 'trapped' (as I saw it) within a very tight friend group at school and not being able to do my own thing. which would lead to me occasionally losing it in public and alienating people for a while until I had calmed down.

I've found that a change of air really improves things. Since I've been at uni I've been a lot more stable emotionally and feel that everything is looking better.

Hopefully it all works out for you :smile:

Thank you for your help. I've actually found the opposite to you in that I've found I've been far more angry and upset at university. I think my anger is mainly triggered by stress, but sometimes, like now, I can't explain why I'm feeling how I am.
Thank you for your help. I've actually found the opposite to you in that I've found I've been far more angry and upset at university. I think my anger is mainly triggered by stress, but sometimes, like now, I can't explain why I'm feeling how I am.

You're probably sick of hearing this...but do you do much at uni apart form study? It isn't the easiest thing to start, but clubs/societies are great ways to meet people and get away from the work. Maybe even doing something completely outside of uni?
Are you on the pill at all (if you are female of course!)? This could be causing mood swings if you are. I've felt like this too so am changing pill to see if that helps at all.
Reply 8
You're probably sick of hearing this...but do you do much at uni apart form study? It isn't the easiest thing to start, but clubs/societies are great ways to meet people and get away from the work. Maybe even doing something completely outside of uni?

I don't do much bar study, no. There aren't any societies I'm interested in. I tend to go home on my days off or meet my friends.

Are you on the pill at all (if you are female of course!)? This could be causing mood swings if you are. I've felt like this too so am changing pill to see if that helps at all.

I am, I have been for about 2.5 years now. I have been feeling more angry in that time, but I felt angry before that too. It's probably just a hormonal inbalance or something.
I don't do much bar study, no. There aren't any societies I'm interested in. I tend to go home on my days off or meet my friends.

I am, I have been for about 2.5 years now. I have been feeling more angry in that time, but I felt angry before that too. It's probably just a hormonal inbalance or something.

There are different pills available, if you think that it is having a serious effect on your mood then it is possible to get it changed.
Reply 10
There are different pills available, if you think that it is having a serious effect on your mood then it is possible to get it changed.

I know, thank you, but this is the one best suited to me because of my intolerances.

I don't think my anger routes directly from my pill, I'm just an angry person who get's irritated by the smallest things, and the pill just magnifies it slightly.
Reply 11
Is your name Harry by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending