The Student Room Group

I have this really Fat friend...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hate these kind of people, they're fat yet they expect other people to do things for them.
It's his fault that he's fat, he ate too much so it's his fault right? Tell him to get off his lazy arse and look for someone else.

-.-
Original post by emiliee21
It also doesnt help that he gets naked at partys all the time

WTF?!
haha last year he spent 20 grand on going to fat camp, he was 24 stone and went down to 18. Now he's 26 stone. I think weight loss is a big problem for him.

It also doesnt help that he gets naked at partys all the time and he has the smallest penis ive ever seen but the biggest balls....
and basically every girl knows this :/

Sounds like the biggest douchebag....
Reply 23
Original post by spazman21
Sounds like the biggest douchebag....

Yeah its hard to sell him to girls when he has stretch marks the size of my fist

I dont mean 'sell' literally haha xx
Reply 24
to be honest with you, this can be a "simple" situation, and at the same time the "hardest" situation since if you get straight to the piont with him and say the truth to him infront of his face, he will become emotional and end up "probably" in a tight situation which can cuase him to do "dangerouse" things...

1 advice for you, be calm, be steady and tell him the truth in a nice and freindly way. It may hurt him but trust me if you say it as a good way and a freindly way it wont affect him as much.
Tell him that he still has allot of hope since it is not too late for him yet. Try to comfort him, tell him if he starts sooner, it will end sooner and very soon girls will like him :wink:...
These situations you have to be brave, always be nice and freindly when ever these situations occur and im prettty sure he will listen if you take my advice :wink:...

Thank You For Reading...
...like 26 stone fat, and he's lovely guy but of course most girls don't find him attractive. Which is a problem as he really wants a girlfriend.
He ''falls in love'' with girls really easy (once he had only seen a picture of a girl and said 'I want to shout my love for her from the rooftops), and the only relationship hes actually been in he proposed to her after 8 months (age 17) and she broke up with him.
Now hes coming to me asking me to set him up with my single friends, I've tried hinting that they wouldn't be interested but he cant take the hint and I can't tell him straight because he's over sensitive (he's attempted suicide and self harmed when hes been rejected in the past) but he is a really nice boy aswell so I don't want to avoid him/ really hurt his feelings. But hes put me in the really really difficult position of trying to find a nice pretty girl who would be interest in him.

How do I get myself out of this nice and cleanly ?

Any advice no matter how obscure would be appreciated!

Introduce him to the opera, if he wants to "Shout his love from the rooftops" then it should be right up his street :wink:
The chicks dig opera singers too.
Reply 26
I will give positive rep to everyones comments on here, when TSR allows me to
Thankyou!
Reply 27
Original post by a_t
difficult situation, I wouldn't know since I don't associate with fat people

And you describe him as a lovely guy but he sounds like a lecherous loser...

:rofl:
Here are a few suggestions:

> Go to the gym with him and do cardio, jogging and walking in 2 minute intervals (if the treadmill allows his weight)
> Whenever he's eating anything brown and golden in colour kick it to the floor
> Also make sure he doesn't put salt on anything
> Tell him to cut down the drinking (I presume he doesn't get naked just for the kicks)
> Push him on the floor sometimes so he has to get back up (10/20 calories lost on the way up)
> Eat his food for him
> Drink all his alcohol
> Gastric bypass?
> Get him a sex change (some guys are proper chubby chasers, but girls aren't really up for the fat guys as much + he won't need a boob implants)
> Tell him to get a job which is labour intensive, or just do the gardening/mow the lawn once a week

It's fool proof.

Good luck!
If you're his true friend and want him to find someone, you will tell him the truth. He may not like it at first but when he loses the weight he will thank you.

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that a 'pretty' girl might fancy an overweight guy.
Just tell him you don't know anyone. And think about whether you really want to continue being his 'friend'.
Original post by Vek
Tell him to lose weight.

Don't know why you got a neg, a girlfriend is the least of his worries if he's 26 stone.
Reply 32
...like 26 stone fat, and he's lovely guy but of course most girls don't find him attractive. Which is a problem as he really wants a girlfriend.
He ''falls in love'' with girls really easy (once he had only seen a picture of a girl and said 'I want to shout my love for her from the rooftops), and the only relationship hes actually been in he proposed to her after 8 months (age 17) and she broke up with him.
Now hes coming to me asking me to set him up with my single friends, I've tried hinting that they wouldn't be interested but he cant take the hint and I can't tell him straight because he's over sensitive (he's attempted suicide and self harmed when hes been rejected in the past) but he is a really nice boy aswell so I don't want to avoid him/ really hurt his feelings. But hes put me in the really really difficult position of trying to find a nice pretty girl who would be interest in him.

How do I get myself out of this nice and cleanly ?

Any advice no matter how obscure would be appreciated!

Say they are interested in someone else or find someone of similar size maybe. He should know that losing weight = better chance of girls tho

Original post by dodgymonkey
Here are a few suggestions:

> Push him on the floor sometimes so he has to get back up (10/20 calories lost on the way up)
> Get him a sex change (some guys are proper chubby chasers, but girls aren't really up for the fat guys as much + he won't need a boob implants)

It's fool proof.

Good luck!

LOL
(edited 13 years ago)
ok...not being funny here, but....what makes you so sure that none of your friends would be interested in him? Is this purely because of his size?

My husband is a big guy. Bigger than your friend. I'm nowhere near that size, I'm a size 16, but was a size 12 when I started going out with him (granted he weighed less then too though, he was maybe 22 stone or thereabouts at that point, but still, a big guy).

Just because a lot of girls aren't interested in somebody large, doesn't mean that he's never going to find somebody to love him.

I'd rather that my husband lost weight (and so would he, for that matter, he's getting a gastric sleeve done this year) for health reasons, and the fact that he is barely mobile is a real problem in our lives, but in terms of aesthetics, I love him anyway, because he's a nice person.

The more worrying element to your friend, I would say, is his strange behaviour regarding "falling in love" with women. That is very offputting.

In terms of his weight though, yes I agree a lot of people would be turned off, but it's not COMPLETELY unrealistic for him to think that somebody will fall for him one day, because it can and does happen you know. Bigger people aren't aliens. Somewhere out there I'm sure there's somebody for him. He could do with not trying so hard though in the "love" department, because that just comes across as slightly stalkerish and creepy.

It also doesnt help that he gets naked at partys all the time and he has the smallest penis ive ever seen but the biggest balls....
and basically every girl knows this :/

can I just say that you sound like a terrible friend by the way. who the **** talks about their friend behind their back like that?
why do people keep hating on fat people?
You should encourage him to try online dating. if he is a little unsure - be enthusiastic and if your single do it along with him ( you dont actually have to do it) It would allow him to meet people who could be genuinely interested in him, because you have said your friends aren't really and it might work out really well for him!
Reply 37
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
ok...not being funny here, but....what makes you so sure that none of your friends would be interested in him? Is this purely because of his size?

My husband is a big guy. Bigger than your friend. I'm nowhere near that size, I'm a size 16, but was a size 12 when I started going out with him (granted he weighed less then too though, he was maybe 22 stone or thereabouts at that point, but still, a big guy).

Just because a lot of girls aren't interested in somebody large, doesn't mean that he's never going to find somebody to love him.

I'd rather that my husband lost weight (and so would he, for that matter, he's getting a gastric sleeve done this year) for health reasons, and the fact that he is barely mobile is a real problem in our lives, but in terms of aesthetics, I love him anyway, because he's a nice person.

The more worrying element to your friend, I would say, is his strange behaviour regarding "falling in love" with women. That is very offputting.

In terms of his weight though, yes I agree a lot of people would be turned off, but it's not COMPLETELY unrealistic for him to think that somebody will fall for him one day, because it can and does happen you know. Bigger people aren't aliens. Somewhere out there I'm sure there's somebody for him. He could do with not trying so hard though in the "love" department, because that just comes across as slightly stalkerish and creepy.

when i mention his name they shudder or mimic throwing up, im pretty sure theyre not interested

But yes I know there is someone for him out there, just not with any of my friends, im very positive they're not interested

Actually ive just found out about 3 minutes ago that he text my best friend asking her to leave her boyfriend of 2 years and go out with him instead. He tells girls after knowing them a week that he loves them which puts off any girls slightly interested in him anyway. There was a point where he was saying he was sucidial over being single and i had to live at his house for a week to make sure he didnt do anything stupid. I know it doesnt make me a great friend coming onto here about it but I know he wont read any of this, and no one i know comes on here so they wont know any of this or who im on about. But its getting really stressful for me and I this seemed like a very good way to get some anonymous advice, all info is needed to help people gain perspective. Its not like its really private, pretty everyone in my year and the year above has seen him naked, not to mention hes put pictures on faceboook.
(edited 13 years ago)
when i mention his name they shudder or mimic throwing up, im pretty sure theyre not interested

But yes I know there is someone for him out there, just not with any of my friends, im very positive they're not interested

Actually ive just found out about 3 minutes ago that he text my best friend asking her to leave her boyfriend of 2 years and go out with him instead. He tells girls after knowing them a week that he loves them which puts off any girls slightly interested in him anyway. There was a point where he was saying he was sucidial over being single and i had to live at his house for a week to make sure he didnt do anything stupid. I know it doesnt make me a great friend coming onto here about it but I know he wont read any of this, and no one i know comes on here so they wont know any of this or who im on about. But its getting really stressful for me and I this seemed like a very good way to get some anonymous advice, all info is needed to help people gain perspective. Its not like its really private, pretty everyone in my year and the year above has seen him naked, not to mention hes put pictures on faceboook.

basically, his size aside from it, you don't sound like you like him very much. so, why are you friends with him exactly?

He sounds very... psychologically 'not quite right'. I'd say don't encourage anyone to go out with him at this stage, you'd be doing them a disservice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending