The Student Room Group

Really forward or really hard to get?

Personally, I'd rather someone who plays hard to get. All of the guys that have shown interest in me recently have been forward and it immediately puts me off. One guy who I met like once and literally said 2 words to in person somehow found my MSN and put xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx amount of kisses in the first conversation, which was enough to put me off straight away. He bugged me for ages until I just deleted him and he still tries to add me on facebook, despite me keep deleting his friend request. Another was far too emotional and clingy and obsessive and although I felt bad, I just ended up ignoring him until he got the message. I may sound harsh, but there is nothing more off-putting than a guy who is really forward, at least play it cool a little bit, yeah?

What do you think? Forward or hard to get?
Stop being so harsh to those lads.
Reply 2
A healthy medium would be nice..
I have to say hard to get, I'm all about the chase, and that time when you really like them, but you're not sure if they like you back. And then every little hint they give to liking you, makes you so happy :smile: I always play hard to get too, because I'm just not a forward person.
Reply 4
Original post by Liam 09
A healthy medium would be nice..

Yeah that's the ideal, but I'm saying if you had to choose between one or the other.
Reply 5
if i had to choose id say hard to get!ive had people who put a million kisses and stuff before and i also find it really off putting!
i hate people who are too forward!! I love people who mess with my head a bit!!
Reply 7
I would say hard to get but it only works if it started from the start and the guy has that mysterious thing going on. He talks and smiles at me so I know he doesn't hate me (I hope :unsure:) But he also is a bit of a shy loner who does that stare and turn away thing. So it works for him.

But I have a friend who from the start is clingy and really annoying but he's confident and always wants to talk to be everywhere I am but I find it annoying because I like my space. Then he tried doing the hard to get thing by ignoring me but it didn't work because he started being clingy again.
Reply 8
Treat them mean etc etc.
Neither I don't like the ones that are too forward or the ones who play hard to get. I'd rather they just be nice , become friends and stuff first or just inbetween that . The hard to get is ok for a while then I just get bored of it and forget about the person , an if they're too forward they come on too strong.
I think i like somewhere in the middle... someone who is too forward at the start will freak me out and put me off immediately (much like you OP, clingy really irritates me) but at the same time if they play too hard to get ill get worried that they're not interested at all and move on :smile: its a tough one!
Reply 11
Original post by anonperson
Personally, I'd rather someone who plays hard to get. All of the guys that have shown interest in me recently have been forward and it immediately puts me off. One guy who I met like once and literally said 2 words to in person somehow found my MSN and put xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx amount of kisses in the first conversation, which was enough to put me off straight away. He bugged me for ages until I just deleted him and he still tries to add me on facebook, despite me keep deleting his friend request. Another was far too emotional and clingy and obsessive and although I felt bad, I just ended up ignoring him until he got the message. I may sound harsh, but there is nothing more off-putting than a guy who is really forward, at least play it cool a little bit, yeah?

What do you think? Forward or hard to get?

That isn't being forward, that's being creepy, clingy and borderline stalking. Being forward would just be telling you that he likes you and then letting you make the next move. Is there really anything wrong with that?
hard to get pushes the right psychological buttons, but that's only fun if you're looking for casual sex

If I was looking to get married or something, I think forward and straight out would be better
How about someone who's somewhere in the middle - a guy who isn't really forward, in your face and seemingly clingy with no life or their own, but also who doesn't play so hard to get that you contemplate if they're actually interested in you or if they're just playing with you.

The thing with playing hard to get is sometimes you can't tell if they actually want to date you or not, or even if they're easing you into the friend zone.

One thing about me, I like to be chased! :wink:. If a guy wanted to date me, I wouldn't be all like 'when can I see you next, OMG I'm in love with you and I want to spend my every waking moment with you,' I'd HATE to be that person! I'd show that my life doesn't 100% revolve around him, I do have a life of my own and I am an independant person. But I'd let them know that I am into them so they don't get bored and move on! I love teasing :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending